LONG flight question...

More
12 years 11 months ago #291403 by Castle Peak
Replied by Castle Peak on topic LONG flight question...
Zopiclone ~ sleepings tabs. They are prescription only but no nasty side effects, no muzziness etc and he will wake up refreshed.

On a flight from Florida to SF I was stuck between a whiney 2 year old and his Dad (who whined more) While walking round in a circle outside the loo door, I ended up chatted to the cabin crew and we put the world to rights, while I helped stack the drinks trolley and clear away the galley. Sooo much better than staying in my seat ;) and they thought it was great too!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #291414 by First Time Farmer
Why not take a pad and pen and use the time to plan all those things you want to do on your LSB for the next 20 years (design garden, sheds, fences, animal control systems, etc). At least it would be a productive use of your time.

More
12 years 11 months ago #291425 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic LONG flight question...

Dunard;273926 wrote: Zopiclone ~ sleepings tabs. They are prescription only but no nasty side effects, no muzziness etc and he will wake up refreshed.

Hmm...depends on the person :( my one and only experience with Zopiclone ended in major pounding headaches for the whole of the next day - good sleep, but not really worth the pain [xx(] and I only took half a tablet...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
12 years 11 months ago #291432 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic LONG flight question...
Thanks so much for all the suggestions and tigger especially for the pounding headache answer. That was looking to be a good option darn it.

I will pass this all on as it is not me travelling! This is a friend's partner and we are both trying to dream up ways to stop him taking a huge weight of work folders that will have to be dragged all over Europe for 5 weeks! It is supposed to be a holiday!

He has never travelled and never not worked every hour in the day so

More
12 years 11 months ago #291469 by Castle Peak
Replied by Castle Peak on topic LONG flight question...

tigger;273949 wrote: Hmm...depends on the person :( my one and only experience with Zopiclone ended in major pounding headaches for the whole of the next day - good sleep, but not really worth the pain [xx(] and I only took half a tablet...

Sorry to hear that Tigger :( I hate the muzzy foggy feeling that comes with taking some tablets, so was very relieved not to experience any side effects.

My OH is like this, always on the go, works all hours etc. On a plane he reads the sort of text books whose title would send others to sleep or he works on the laptop when he can, or in airport lounges. He wrote a business proposal from scratch once, when our flight was delayed. Six weeks later we got the contract :)

I hope your friend gets a holiday too!

More
12 years 11 months ago #291471 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic LONG flight question...

DiDi;273957 wrote: Thanks so much for all the suggestions and tigger especially for the pounding headache answer. That was looking to be a good option darn it.

Dopi is not the only option as far as knock out drugs for travelling...wish I could remember the name of the one I used last time during a long haul flight, it was pretty good. If he wants to go that way, he needs to try whatever he gets prescribed first to see if he is okay with it.

If all else fails, a couple of good stiff gin and tonics [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
12 years 11 months ago #291475 by kindajojo
Replied by kindajojo on topic LONG flight question...
separate flights .........

More
12 years 11 months ago #291479 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic LONG flight question...
Get a kaossilator

More
12 years 11 months ago #291482 by betenoir
Replied by betenoir on topic LONG flight question...
Rum....and lots of it. Did long haul to NZ from UK and ended up sharing a hip flask with a hyper aussie girl. Had a bit of a laugh and slept most of the way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

More
12 years 11 months ago #291513 by Dream Weaver
Yakut, your experience sounds like a nightmare. it must have been awful for both you and Kim. I dont know how id fare on a long haul flight, I get bored easy lol.

More
12 years 11 months ago #291516 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic LONG flight question...
Im not sure how i would cope on a long haul now...sincer my back surgery i can't sit in one place for too long....legs gets twitchey and that.... I think i would be up and down like a yoyo.

Trip to Uk will be on the cards within the next few years so Im quiet interested in this thread..

Jan

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds