Anyone know how to make a cistern block for the toilet

More
12 years 10 months ago #19644 by Seaside
We have a slight flushing (lack of) problem with the toilet our boys use.

I have been using a bleach block in the cistern, as the dangly ones on the rim are too tempting for small hands.

As we are on a septic tank, I'd like to make my own, non-bleach toilet block using ingredients like bicarb of soda and perhaps some lemon, just to keep things fresh.

Does anyone know how to make a non-bleach block - it would need to dissolve gradually as the shop-bought bleach blocks do.

Might even mix in some effective micro-organisms, they'd have plenty to feed on :)

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #291150 by JEF
The old way was a jar full of liquid ingredients with a lid on it with a small hole in the lid to let a bit of liquid permiate out into the cistern thru the hole , make the hole bigger till results are achieved, stand the jar upright

More
12 years 10 months ago #291165 by DiDi
Don't know if this helps but you could try Counties Cleaning Supplies (Pukekohe) for their enzyme pour it down the toilet to keep everything septic working (great product)... and shush - I have found the Harpic White and Shine brilliant. I only use it every 1 - 2 weeks but it works a treat. Daily? Boys? No idea - I was blessed with two girls! :D

Can't help with the question you ACTUALLY asked but maybe this is an alternative until you work it out. Cheers.

More
12 years 10 months ago #291201 by Telly
Seaside, guess you also get wees down behind the toilet and down the wall too?

Goats: 4 boers + 4 kids (all does[:D]), 1 saanen + 2 kids, 1 toggenburg.
Chickens: Barred Rock, Light Sussex, Araucana, pekins
Pigs now in the freezer

More
12 years 10 months ago #291204 by Xartep
Apparently they are making a toilet nowadays that has a small fly painted on the inside of the bowl. Boys of all ages can't resist trying to dislodge the thing, and it improves aim no end LOL.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
12 years 10 months ago #291206 by Xartep
I like the idea of putting a small jar of EM in the cistern, it should clean and depong[;)].

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
12 years 10 months ago #291307 by Seaside
Three boys, one toilet, lots of cleaning :) Yes, when I clean in there I have to wash the walls, floors, the outside and inside of the toilet and every crevice! Not to mention the toothpaste marks around the sink zone!

The older boys are pretty good now (at aiming and flushing), however the four year old is still in his learning phase!

I used to have ping pong balls floating in the water but they get flushed down eventually, and we had a friend who kept taking them out when he visited because he thought his sons had thrown them in :)

JEF, with the jar, I guess there is a gradual exchange of fresh water and cleaner through the wee hole in the lid? I think I'll give it a go, I have some EM concentrate and it will be interesting to experiment, as it's dark so I'll be able to see whether it stays in the bottom of the jar or makes its way through the hole. I suppose I keep making the hole bigger until there's some obvious movement?

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
12 years 10 months ago #291308 by Xartep

Seaside;273819 wrote:
I used to have ping pong balls floating in the water but they get flushed down eventually, and we had a friend who kept taking them out when he visited because he thought his sons had thrown them in :)

LOL - That happened to my SIL too, oh the joys of having boys. :D

More
12 years 10 months ago #291596 by PRU2
My friend had a cork bobbing around for her boys to aim at. :D

More
12 years 10 months ago #291792 by max2
2nd for counties cleaning or you could try boracure who have cistern blocks, ours at work was a stinking mess last week, because too many male adults fail to aim correctly.[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds