Terry Pratchett

More
14 years 9 months ago #290047 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Terry Pratchett
I've found that 2nd hand sci-fan is more expensive in Wellington, bigger demand maybe? Also have noticed that most that read this genre tend to keep their books to reread multiple times, so they are harder to find.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #290063 by tinlizzie
Replied by tinlizzie on topic Terry Pratchett
you can occassionlly get some of these books from the $5 bins outside the likes of whitcoulls / books 'n more. I managed to get all bar book 5 of the mallorean from there.

I also can't let a book fair go by, although you don't see many pratchetts there, nor really any sci fi/fantasy.

I really need to pull out Nanny Oggs cookbook and try some of the recipes.

For a while I was getting the latest pratchett from my brother as a xmas present, but he was complaining about never buying me anything original, so he stopped. The last one I got from his was making money.

I find the Xaneth (sp) series boring - its the same story written over and over with different characters. the firest one I read was good.

I bit like Terry Brooks, really. Although his are a little more original

I see that Terry Goodkind has finally written the last book in the sword of truth series! that took a while.... And it was not good as the wheel of time - even if you could bypass book 10 and not miss anything....

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

More
14 years 9 months ago #290071 by drifter
Replied by drifter on topic Terry Pratchett
I love your signature tinlizzie :)

Has anyone got the verses to Nanny Ogg's hedgehog song... I'm sure that would liven up a party or two[:0][;)]

I'm not familiar with David Drake. I googled him some of the titles sounded familiar but nothing rang any bells.
I only liked some of OSC Ender's series; Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead. He wrote a short story though, as part of an anthology, that still haunts me years after I read it. I think that is one of the marks of a truley great writer.

Many of the authors I love have concepts that are worth thinking about long after I've finished the book. Terry Pratchett and Orson Scott Card among them. Others, are just great storytellers :)

For a while I was getting the latest pratchett from my brother as a xmas present, but he was complaining about never buying me anything original, so he stopped.

Don't you just hate that! [:0][;)]

Strange how much you've got to know, Before you know how little you know.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds