How Much do I Pay Models?

More
12 years 11 months ago #289265 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic How Much do I Pay Models?
:) happy to hear it all went good toast :)
I did think of you actually when the heavier rain started here on saturday .

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #289276 by Toast
Replied by Toast on topic How Much do I Pay Models?
Photos will be three weeks (my photographer is part-time other things as well these days).

Really pleased it all went well. Photographer & models were all impressed with the clothing & they showed it off so well.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for info.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

More
12 years 11 months ago #289319 by jen
Replied by jen on topic How Much do I Pay Models?
So did you go to your F-party as a fashion designer ;)

jen (returned to townie life)
community.webshots.com/user/j_nepton

More
12 years 11 months ago #289354 by Toast
Replied by Toast on topic How Much do I Pay Models?
No ..... I'm not a designer. I bought the business which included the designs. Any other designs I use I will pay somebody to do. I'm not good at that part.

I went as an FBI agent. Went to the op shops & was one step behind the Massey Uni students who were going to a gangster party so there was a lack of black clothing etc. Anyway, a dark navy suit jacket, really good black shirt, my black trousers, dark glasses & a navy Massey Uni tie got me there. The tie was dark enough to look black & I scribbled out Massey Uni with a black felt marker & then wrote FBI on the tie & the jacket pocket with Twink. There was another FBI agent who looked really fab, complete with revolver & handcuffs. I called her my junior staff member (I'm older than her).

There were two Father Christmases, a fairy godmother, Fris from Coro St, two fireballs, a fire extinguisher (the most work had gone into that one), two horse feed bags made into a dress with a notice on the back - "Before U Ask - I'm a Feed Bag!", a Foxton horse trainer (he really is but don't know whether he was actually dressed up though), two film stars ('60's era complete with high teased wigs & kiss curls) and their film director who had a sign under his arm - "Take Two ........ Wives", a couple of flashers, two flight attendants, four fighter pilots (one was the real thing & had just been on TVOne in his role in he Air Force the other night), two of them had the real leather head gear & jackets & two had hired USA fighter pilot outfits (just like Tom Cruise wore in Top Gun), several farmers, bloke in a one-shouldered oat sack which said "Fred in search of Wilma". Lots of great outfits, food was fabulous (including wild pork, venison, fruit cake) and lots to drink. Woolshed had carpet mats laid down throughout & old church pews in the various pens. Great music (CDs) and we danced until we nearly dropped. Had camera in pocket but didn't take a single photo!

Was a great night & I was fairly slow in the morning getting ready for the photo shoot but made it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

• Toni - Northland
12 years 11 months ago #289472 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic How Much do I Pay Models?

NZ Appaloosas;271244 wrote: Missed last week's episode (forgot it was on, actually, as I was "distracted" by LSB ;) ), but I can't say I'm impressed with the young "lady" who is shown in the trailers making the comment about ANTM is not to be won by a drag queen. I've seen some drag queens in my day that make Tyra Banks look like something the cat dragged in...

Diane

I actually agree with her. Isis? is a MAN for gods sake, not even fully transitioned. If he was it would make a difference in the competition. He has to tape 'his bits' so they don't show in a bikini.[:0][:0][:0] But, it probably doesn't say in the rules that men aren't allowed to enter?????

Just love the show though and have watched nearly all the series they have had on here.

More
12 years 11 months ago #289473 by NZ Appaloosas
Name of the show is "Next Top Model" not "Next Top Female Model". ;)

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

• Toni - Northland
12 years 11 months ago #289482 by Toni - Northland

NZ Appaloosas;271694 wrote: Name of the show is "Next Top Model" not "Next Top Female Model". ;)

Diane

Question. Then why didn't he enter as male.

More
12 years 11 months ago #289498 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic How Much do I Pay Models?

Toni - Northland;271704 wrote: Question. Then why didn't he enter as male.

Because he looks better as a woman? :rolleyes: I haven't watched it, but certainly can't pick the model in question out of the ones shown on the ads...so certainly blends in!

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• Toni - Northland
12 years 11 months ago #289521 by Toni - Northland

tigger;271721 wrote: Because he looks better as a woman? :rolleyes: I haven't watched it, but certainly can't pick the model in question out of the ones shown on the ads...so certainly blends in!

You think? I picked him out straight away.

More
12 years 11 months ago #289540 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic How Much do I Pay Models?
anyone got an ad pic to post up? I've never even seen the ads or trailers on TV for the show this lastest season... prefer the cimputer over the TV. esp when shows like amazing race and next model aren't subtitled on teletext, I like the F word and Masterchef and the Jamie oliver/Hugh Fearlesslyeatitall shows as they are subtitled.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
12 years 11 months ago #289568 by NZ Appaloosas

Toni - Northland;271704 wrote: Question. Then why didn't he enter as male.

Because he's in transition? From what I understood, Isis has started with the estrogen treatments needed prior to surgery. I worked with someone who was undergoing the whole gender reassignment treatment, and it's a bit of a b*tch--after extensive counselling (Rache went thru' over a year's worth), they then have to be on estrogen for a while before surgery. What I can't remember is whether she told us when the breast augmentation can take place, but I do remember that the surgery is two parts, top and bottom, so to speak, with a decent interval and more counselling between the surgeries.

As gender reassignment is not covered by insurance, many transgenders have to take even longer, as they need to either save, borrow, or get family to give them the money for the surgery. It's very likely that Isis is hoping that if she wins, she'll have the money to complete her treatments/surgery.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
12 years 11 months ago #289569 by NZ Appaloosas

Toni - Northland;271745 wrote: You think? I picked him out straight away.

I did too, but hubby didn't.

Diane

More
12 years 11 months ago #289575 by NZ Appaloosas

• Toni - Northland
12 years 11 months ago #289578 by Toni - Northland
Well, it's so not natural.[xx(]

More
12 years 11 months ago #289581 by NZ Appaloosas
Neither is bleaching hair, cosmetic surgery, botox and a whole bunch of other stuff we humans do. /shrug/ It ain't me, it ain't my husband, and well, if my kids want to do it, I'll help them find the right counsellor to go thru' everything with them. Different strokes for different folks, and as long as it is not putting my or mine at risk, who am I to judge? I really have more problem with people who refuse to vaccinate their kids than I do with someone undergoing gender reassignment being in a modelling competition.

Diane

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds