How Much do I Pay Models?

More
12 years 11 months ago #288692 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic How Much do I Pay Models?
Come in Toast! The reason I was being quite open with my reply was because we have no clue what Toast means by two amateur models who have never done this before. Are they 14 or 24? Are they friends of a friend? Are they interested in modelling for a career or are they just doing it for a lark? Bringing in professional model rates and a professional's employment rate doesn't make sense to me.

I know, having modelled, that I would not be offering $25 an hour to amateur models for a first photo shoot - they may be hopeless and not take direction from the photographer and end up costing you money. Not deliberately but because they have never done this before. Everyone has to start somewhere! High pay is not a given.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #288695 by NZ Appaloosas
Given the fact that it can cost many hundreds of dollars (if not more) to create a portfolio, if they are allowed to use any and all pictures may well be payment enough.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
12 years 11 months ago #288698 by Birman Babe
As I said earlier, it would depend on the age and the time allowed for the job.
If its only an hours work then I would be expecting $25 ~ not that anyone would employ me these days :-)

More
12 years 11 months ago #288803 by Toast
Replied by Toast on topic How Much do I Pay Models?
Thanks. That's given me a good idea. Purchase of photo's will be between them and the photographer. Praying for fine weather.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

More
12 years 11 months ago #288809 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic How Much do I Pay Models?
I like this $25 per hour.. bluddy heck nurses dont get that and if thats wot ya get for standing around and posing like a gork/dork.. then count BB and I in.. we will make any bit of clothing look good at that sum.
as long as its not a dress or made in synthetic material..
I wont give up my day job tho.. meanwhile

More
12 years 11 months ago #288819 by Toast
Beedee, be here by 1pm tomorrow if you fit a size 12! I actually need a size 12 model, any age, able to wear a one shoulder dress with asymmetrical hem, empire line dress, skirt (sort of gypsy pattern with points adorned with paua hanging down). Dresses etc trimmed with feathers & quite exotic looking.

Will do wonders for your portfolio, Beedee.

Are you really in Georgia, ie next to Russia? I couldn't find Georgia in my comprehensive list of NZ places.

More
12 years 11 months ago #288821 by beedee
WEll I can be a size 12, but since my puppy comes with me everywhere Im not sure if I would have any fevvers left , let alone what she would do if I arrived in a dress.
georgia is one of the options of where we can live.. I shift about 2x year..
and as for the one shoulder, is that the right or left.. so my medical bling [R]might be part of the feature.. but I like the sound of a gypsy dress cos thats where they come from ...in georgia.. they used to fascinate me as a toddler in england when they came to the door selling pegs and things..
the hair is the ideal mess right now.. if only I wasnt earning the other $$$ I would have been up to an escape for the day.
and I need a photo that doesnt have me in gumboots, my international pose is either in gummies with the cow and donkey, or the goats or the pig.. slightly embarrassing for medical journal articles.

More
12 years 11 months ago #288826 by Toast
One shoulder is on the right with an optional removable strap (same width as lingerie) on the left.

Might need the gummies tomorrow. I'm sure this photographer will spot the sheep & lambs in the open paddock & decide to go for the middle of the paddock! They'll probably have to walk out there in my gummies & stand on a mat to change into high heels!

Will be entertaining. Hopefully it'll be fine & we can be outside. Indoors means the woolshed and then it goes downhil from there .....

Meantime, I need to go & get ready for F party.

Thanks for your offer. I'll post a few pics when job complete.

More
12 years 11 months ago #288914 by beedee
Ohhh it was so tempting to drive for the 6hrs to come on down and have my portfolio started.. and the thought of wearing my gummies to finish off the garment!!!

More
12 years 11 months ago #288916 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic How Much do I Pay Models?
Toast .. :) well 8am here here in Fielding, the good news is it's not raining yet :) .. the bad news is that it looks like a cloudy day ( probably a bit dull for taking photos) :(
The other good news is that it didnt rain to much overnight :) so maybe your paddock isnt toooo wet ( lol mind you high heels do tend to stick in anything)
Good luck for today's photo shoot :) hope all goes well

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 11 months ago #288932 by JEF
Replied by JEF on topic How Much do I Pay Models?
I saw on americas next top model their going to pay the winning amatuer $100,000 and it may yet be the tranny that wins

More
12 years 11 months ago #288951 by Birman Babe
The "trannie" is gorgeous ~ shes my fav at the moment but theres a long way to go yet.

More
12 years 11 months ago #289050 by NZ Appaloosas
Missed last week's episode (forgot it was on, actually, as I was "distracted" by LSB ;) ), but I can't say I'm impressed with the young "lady" who is shown in the trailers making the comment about ANTM is not to be won by a drag queen. I've seen some drag queens in my day that make Tyra Banks look like something the cat dragged in...

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
12 years 11 months ago #289189 by Toast
According to my photographer Sunday's overcast conditions were great for photos, especially of people. Clear & blue creates extremes of light on faces etc. It rained just as we got started so used the inside of the woolshed. Woolshed was good but outside would have been so much better and the photographer identified some great spots near the woolshed. The clothing was all in the woolshed kitchen which is where they got changed.

The girls were fantastic and it go sooooooooooooooooo cold they were shivering & had goosebumps, despite lots of warm jackets. Fortunately the warmer garments were at the end of the run. Finished at 4.45pm. They were more than pleased with what I paid them, the photographer won't charge them for photos, I am to send them a CD each of their own photos and I am going to offer them a wholesale rate on one or two garments. They really earned their money! We were joking with them, "Welcome to the glamorous world of modelling!"

Photos will be ready in three weeks.

Thanks for advice on pay rates.

More
12 years 11 months ago #289198 by Birman Babe
Gr8 to here it all went off well ... will we get to see any pics on here ???

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds