I know it sometimes pays to be a bit cheeky, but.....

More
12 years 10 months ago #19378 by ronnie
had a couple of lads knock on the door this afternoon. I would guess about 10 or 11 and 8 ish. They were very interested in my ute, which is parked in front of the back door, enclosed in the yard. Seems his dad is looking for one just like it, so they thought I might like to sell it to their dad. Sorry, not for sale - so they proceeded to list all its faults - seems it has rust that I cannot see [:0], not warrantable and because it has been parked in the same spot for a month, probably doesn't go, so best to get his dad to check it out.
I actually had it going yesterday, it will pass a warrant no trouble and is of far too much use to even think about selling it.
Got to give them full credit for trying - I guess you get nowhere if you don't ask.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #287495 by beedee
I wonder if it will be there in a weeks time or stolen for you.. Id remove the starter cord or what ever makes utes go
sounds like the neighbour who wanted to buy this place... offered me $5,000 more than I had paid for it 10 yrs before.. not noting that I had added $80k to the house etc.. and proceeded to tell me all the faults the land had.. he got a very short sharp shift.. and told I would give it away before I would sell it to him.

More
12 years 10 months ago #287514 by Telly
Sounds like kids being kids to me. Probably thought he was doing his dad a big favour.

Goats: 4 boers + 4 kids (all does[:D]), 1 saanen + 2 kids, 1 toggenburg.
Chickens: Barred Rock, Light Sussex, Araucana, pekins
Pigs now in the freezer

More
12 years 10 months ago #287520 by NZ Appaloosas
Heh, sounds like kids who will grow up to do the sort of thing I do, "Hhi, you don't know me but..." ROFL!

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
12 years 10 months ago #287527 by wino
LOL Not a subaru brumby is it?

We nearly always have a brumby or two kicking round the place. We have had some seriously low offers for them over the years (and offers to swap for cheap nasties).

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
12 years 10 months ago #287537 by DiDi
Sorry but I would be going with beedee on this one. Make sure it can't be started or I doubt you will have it is a few weeks. PERHAPS we get a bit one eyed living here in Auckland but for me to have kids that age sussing out my vehicle would send off alarm bells!

More
12 years 10 months ago #287780 by GloPony
I'm with Beedee & DiDi on this one. Secure & disable it!!

More
12 years 10 months ago #288042 by Xartep

wino;269516 wrote: LOL Not a subaru brumby is it?

We nearly always have a brumby or two kicking round the place. We have had some seriously low offers for them over the years (and offers to swap for cheap nasties).

A brumby - I would love one of those, but OH doesn't believe me about how useful it would be (for ME) :D

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds