It's ruddy heavy today.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1936 by Ghilly
It's so hot and stuffy, very close in the Northern Waikato.
One of those perfect days for a thumping headache and a fuse about a mm long. I want to have a nap but I have to go out :([}:)]

This napping during the day is getting very tedious but it's either I go lay down or fall over my own feet, get cranky and get nothing done apart from ending up like a bear with a sore head.

I have small cubes of spud cooking for a potato salad which I have only just managed to muster up enough energy to get into a pot on the stove.

Yakut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maggies mum
16 years 3 months ago #66326 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic It's ruddy heavy today.
Been a bit like that here too, BUT I am not to going to complain.............it's not raining after all!

More
16 years 3 months ago #66343 by Dream Weaver
Have you had an iron test Yakut? Maybe you are low on iron. I feel tierd today and my fuse is about as short as yours at the moment lol.

More
16 years 3 months ago #66345 by llamafarma
Replied by llamafarma on topic It's ruddy heavy today.

quote:Originally posted by smilie

I feel tierd today

does that affect you on many levels[?]:D

2 Goats, 7 Chooks, 1 Cat 1 Dog, (RIP Jake) & 2 Kunekune's.......& a fabulous new rescue GSD,for now.......

More
16 years 3 months ago #66378 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic It's ruddy heavy today.
:D Very good, LF!

Yakut, I think the end of year blaahhs are also kicking in...so much to do and so little time, isn't it weird how we treat Xmas as a cut off date for what we are supposed to have got done in the year! [:I]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
16 years 3 months ago #66384 by maggies mum
Remember what I said about not wanting rain rain???

Ahem! Well, ya know the tank that was flooded all around it?? Mmmmmm well BD sorted that problem and then used some existing water pipes from that when he put in troughs last weekend!!

Weeelll that tank that was so full of rain isn't anymore!! Cos somewhere there must be a leak underground in the old pipes, cos that tank be empty now!! Bugga!

So todays little project is to go buy some MORE water pipe and bypass where the leak could be!
Damn and blast it all!

I was hoping we would get to Te Pahu's fete today, I wanted to do something normal for a change!

More
16 years 3 months ago #66387 by reggit
Oh MM what a pain! [V]

We only had a sprinkling of rain here in town, but our neighbours at block have just texted to say that they had enough to refill their tank...they are still at that 'will it rain in time to replenish' stage from week to week, especially as we head into summer and its their first time on rainwater...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
16 years 3 months ago #66391 by maggies mum
A pain alright! Ah well, that was the lesson of the week. Don't rely on what's already on the ground.

We had a little bit of rain too but not enough. One good nights worth of heavy rain should fill it up. But having said that the other tank will be full to overflowing, we could always pump some back into this one.

BD's jobs for this weekend are supposed to be fit a new pump, there isn't one and the gravity fed water for the shower just isn't cutting the mustard! It's fine downstairs though, just up here in the main house. Also he's got some filters to fit...there aren't any!!

More
16 years 3 months ago #66394 by reggit
We've just fitted a new trough in down the back of our place, about 50m of 20mm pipe relying just on trickling water from a 1000 cubic meter tank that is not even elevated, it works but slowly...keeping an eye out for any little leaks at joins as well aware how quickly little leaks can mean big losses when your water tank is that small!!

Oh for the day we have big tanks AND power to pump water where it needs to go, our set up at the mo is a real Heath Robinson affair! [V]

• maggies mum
16 years 3 months ago #66395 by maggies mum
BD's just headed off to town now! SIGH!!!!!!!!!

More
16 years 3 months ago #66402 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic It's ruddy heavy today.
Tigger,all this making do, will make you appreciate the good thngs when they come..:D:)
I remember coming here and ony one gate swung.. out of the three on the 10 ares.. only problem was that gate didnt have any fences fixed to it..but Id go and swing it open and shut when things seemed really gloomy, then pretend to hop over the missing fence..
and now every night when I get home from work and press that automatic door opener for the garage, makes me send a wee thanks up to the BIL for setting it up..[8D]
Now if only I could afford to get the door latch fixed so it didnt have to be locked all the time, fence off the boundary goat proofing one side and dog the other, accessing the back of the block so I could utilise it and landscaping the stream... shucks a lotto win would soon disappear here

More
16 years 3 months ago #66410 by digby
Replied by digby on topic It's ruddy heavy today.
hey Yakut I have just read your thread...had a migraine yesterday afternoon. Yes my head is a barometer!

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
16 years 3 months ago #66423 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic It's ruddy heavy today.
The air was so thick and thunky yesterday there was no room to think.
It started to spit a little around 9ish I think and that heavy burden of air broke.
I wandered back through the front paddock today feeling quite free of the oppression yesterdays weather brought. Cool, distinct possiblility of rain but the air is cool.

If anything Smilie, I'll have too much iron. It's called haemochromatosis and I can't spell it. Means too much iron in the system. The lack of or over abundance of iron produces the same symptoms. Some people have it really bad and need to get themselves relieved of a pint or two at the blood bank. I'm not in those realms... yet..... things could change in a few years but I'll just have to roll with the punches on that one.

very OT here but while Kim was researching this condition on the internet(and I had been given pamphlets to read) I found out that the reason Barbers poles were white with red stripes is because Barbers were often considered the village surgeon as well as the chief hair cutter.
The pole bit comes into the picture with the practise of blood letting. The patient would place their hand on the top of a stick. The stick was placed in a basin and the barber would cut the patient so the blood would run down the stick and into the basin. It was thought to be a good way of curing some ills.

Funnily enough, my Dad is a retired Barber, Ooh I had images of him doing the deed way back when they did that sort of thing. I wouldn't have had to travel far back then. The bizarre things they did to cure people is quite scary. I suppose the 'pole' had a similar effect to applying leeches.

Well, anyway, the weather has broken. I was half expecting thunder and lightning. It was so close and sticky yesterday.
I still feel really tired though.
I rested my head on Athena and milked her with my eyes shut this morning.
I'd got up and put the milk on for the boys, got the bottles filled and then had to go sit down and rest.
I'm definately not one of these up-an-at'em people in the morning but having to have a rest was a bit much.

It seemed to take ages to milk Athena and the time has just whistled away this morning.

Yakut

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds