Migraines...how big a problem for the Army??

• Jack
13 years 3 weeks ago #284954 by Jack
Gidday

Could those migrainse just be a symtom of " typical teenager syndrome, lack of sleep, lack of food and dehydration after late night out on the weekend.!"

Cos methinks that the army just may have a very good cure for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maggies mum
13 years 3 weeks ago #284984 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Migraines...how big a problem for the Army??
That's exactly what I think it is Jack ;) I'm hoping they will too :D:D:D:D

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #284986 by ronnie
Ah yes Jack, but the armed forces also have a "wet" canteen on most bases = or at least they did when I was on active duty.......

MM, he will either get a yes or no answer very early on in the recruitment process, so keep him thinking of alternatives in case it is a definate no.

• maggies mum
13 years 3 weeks ago #284988 by maggies mum
Hi ronnie, yeah all options are open at the moment, the doctors note will be posted off today.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #284991 by moonshiner
Dunno much about about migraines, 'cept woman usually get them around the time I get home from work....... :rolleyes:

Anyways, if the lad is looking to join the forces as a way of training for a trade, ie not joining the army to 'be a soldier' but learn a trade which will be used as a civillian I would be seriously looking at Navy or Airforce as well. They tend to train tradesmen (or should that be tradepersons..) in trades that are big money earners once you leave the forces.

I know sparkies and diesel engineers that are naval trained and they are way ahead in knowledge and ability compared to any other contractors I use and damn hard to find as most move into consultancy positions with the obligatory six figure salary

I have a good friend that did aeronautical radar operator or summat that now, in his own words 'makes 125k a year ticking boxes'

Just remember to get him to send money home to support the family

Good luck MD (have only just realised what those initials mean...)

~

The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen. ~Tommy Smothers

• maggies mum
13 years 3 weeks ago #284994 by maggies mum
Thanks Moonshiner, a trade would be a good option, and yeah those others haven't been ruled out.

MD = Minidweller and BD = Barndweller....long story how we came by those names, I'll tell ya about them one day!!

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #284995 by moonshiner
You make your husband sleep in the barn?!?!?!?!?

I'm starting to believe all those things chooky says about you.....

~

The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen. ~Tommy Smothers

• maggies mum
13 years 3 weeks ago #284998 by maggies mum
Heheh! Don't believe her, she's a raving alchie that keeps chooks that don't lay eggs! Very odd if ya ask me!

Psst! Don't tell her I said so will ya!!;) Nudge, nudge, wink, wink..ya know what I mean!

• chooky
13 years 3 weeks ago #285001 by chooky
ah yea right - But then it is true about the chooks and I do drink wine . But hey we got 5 eggs yesterday .

p.s - MM's hubby thinks it alot safer to slep in the barn !!!!!!

• maggies mum
13 years 3 weeks ago #285003 by maggies mum
Oops she saw!! Bugger!

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #285116 by Dream Weaver
If he is taking imigrin they must be doozies when he does get them. I so would love some of that but due to high BP I cant take Imigrin. Heres hoping he will be fine. If he is not getting them alot, and if he is having a full medical he may well fly through. Good luck MD

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #285156 by TKFARMER
Moonshiner you are spot on regarding woman getting migraines. tkf

Playing farmer on 3.5 acres. [:)][:)]

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #285174 by betenoir
My dad used to be a navy recruitment officer. One thing he always used to emphasise to any potential recruits was that although the armed forces are a very good way of getting a good trade training there is one major consideration for anyone thinking of joining up. You might just be expected to go to war and kill someone or be killed. It came true for so many he recruited just before the Falklands war (mostly friends of mine who had grown up in an era of relative peace).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #285178 by OakhengeFarm
I agree with Betenoir. My son (currently only 15) wants to fly. He looked at going into the Air Force as a pilot, as he is currently in the Air Training Corps.

Although he wants to fly the big planes, and not helicopters or any of our non-existant fighting fleet, he is very aware that once he gets his "wings" he will be bonded for 10 years. The chances of something happening war-wise between his signing up (potentially 2012) and he eventual release in 2024, is far too high for his liking, so he would rather pay $70,000 per year to go to the Massey University School of Aviation, or get a cadetship at Air New Zealand.

11 acres (4 in QEII Covenanted native bush), 15 sheep, 2 beefies, large vege gardens and a goat, and still no dog!:(

Oh, and uncountable wild birds - including fantails, swallows, yellowhammers, morepork, magpies, hawks, pukekos, and even quaill, pheasants and rainbow lorikeets [:D][:D] Not to mention possums, hares, rabbits, rats...

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds