Does anyone else

More
12 years 11 months ago #19119 by FraSla
Does anyone else was created by FraSla
feel like the seasons are changing? I know technically we are still in winter but down here it really feels like spring, it even smells like spring. Like I know we'll get another cold blast but we always do in spring, we get snow on the mountains in November and December here, but I honestly feel like the seasons are changing. Winter was early too, it started in May.

[;)] and no I'm not loopy!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I'm open minded and I'm looking to learn something everyday. [:D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #283914 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Does anyone else
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't let on or they'll send more rain and snow. [}:)]

More
12 years 11 months ago #283917 by Valmai
Replied by Valmai on topic Does anyone else

Isla;265345 wrote: Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't let on or they'll send more rain and snow. [}:)]

Too late!![xx(]

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
12 years 11 months ago #283940 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic Does anyone else
Def spring weather here ~ just waiting for the daffies to flower ...

More
12 years 11 months ago #283941 by BillyTheTractor
Replied by BillyTheTractor on topic Does anyone else
we've got daffodils and cherry blossom out. :D On this note does anyone know when to plant the veggie seeds? Indoors ready for planting out - should it be about now?

Wee Farm

More
12 years 11 months ago #283942 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Does anyone else
Frosts seem to have gone, wet and sludge here but not cold. So yes, starting to feel like spring.

Three days without a thermal top needed is another definite sign! :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
12 years 11 months ago #283974 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Does anyone else
We too are having a warm snap. But I don't expect it to last. Billy, not sure when the frosts are definitely over in Northland, but here in Canterbury I wouldn't plant seedlings until the end of October at the earliest (and even with that, we had a seedling-killing frost at the end of last November).

You know, every year seems different to me. I remember in 2001 when my son was born at the end of June, hard frost after hard frost, for at least a couple of months. Then in 2007, it was so hot on his birthday that we were in T-shirts and the kids played outside.

I don't think unusual weather it's anything new. I remember it snowing in the middle of summer (in the UK) when I was a kid... 1983, I think?

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
12 years 11 months ago #283980 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Does anyone else
Heavy rain, river flooding, school closed due to power outage. :(
Its almost spring! :D
Still July, we have had this sort of weather here every year at this time since we moved here.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
12 years 11 months ago #284014 by Cate
Replied by Cate on topic Does anyone else
Daphne is just starting to flower, camellia are out and the Rhoddies looking like they are not too far away :)

Cate

More
12 years 11 months ago #284048 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Does anyone else
My Grandad wouldn't plant anything until Show weekend? Or was it Labour weekend? in Chch. He died in 1947 so if the seasons are slipping about a bit, I'm not sure if this is still valid but our whole family has gone by his recomendations.
Otago is about a month behind Chch in daffodils coming out and up here in North Waikato, we have one Narcissi out. The fruit trees no sooner lost their leaves and new buds started to show. I must have had a small window of pruning opportunity but I've missed it.

Yakut

More
12 years 11 months ago #284057 by digby
Replied by digby on topic Does anyone else
....and I think I saw the grass growing .. a bit :D

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
12 years 11 months ago #284058 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Does anyone else
I think it may be growing a little here too

Web Goddess

More
12 years 11 months ago #284156 by clowder
Replied by clowder on topic Does anyone else
well, I couldn't find one of the young pullets this morning, I went looking and she's sitting on 13 eggs! must be spring in three weeks....

More
12 years 11 months ago #284158 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Does anyone else
Careful saying those words together g...ing and g..ss even in really small letters which I can;t do HA HA

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
12 years 11 months ago #284287 by FraSla
Replied by FraSla on topic Does anyone else
Yeah i can't quite say the g words yet, but ours doesn't usually kick in till mid-sepetember, so if I suddenly have to mow the lawn I know they have changed for real. :) Clowder - I've got one trying but the silly thing isn't hiding herself and i'm not going to let her, I'm enjoying my two for breakie. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I'm open minded and I'm looking to learn something everyday. [:D]

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds