Anyone know about HRV systems?

More
14 years 7 months ago #282423 by oskatd
Also meant to say that neighbours have one of the heat ducting systems from above their woodburner into bedrooms. Doesn't really make any difference as the house is so damp.

But anyway, lots of good feedback from those who have the systems, and negative feedback from those who don't! Good luck on making your decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #282424 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Anyone know about HRV systems?
Can people explain how as we have batts in roof so that in winter our roof space is freezing draging air down will warm house and reverse in summer please or have I missed sumfink!! :)

Oskatd think your wrong we with others have lived with then and found them no good :)

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 7 months ago #282425 by Hestia
When sun is up it gets warm fast upstairs and the HRV drags it dowm,the sun heats up the roof cavity before the rest of the house gets warm in the morning and my HRV drags that down to the house.

when the house is warm it stays inside the hosue becaue of the pink batts,,but if no heat added then it is still cold.

More
14 years 7 months ago #282439 by oskatd
I said lots, not all, sod....

More
14 years 7 months ago #282447 by sod
Oskatd Sorry just thought you said lots of good from those that had them and negative from those that don't, kinda like dig at some. those with in favour those without not in favour

More
14 years 7 months ago #282455 by oskatd
sorry, you've lost me there sod.... from what i'm picking up from the comments, it's seems to depend where you live. people in dry cold places get less benefit than those from warmer wetter places. that's all, no hidden meanings.

More
14 years 7 months ago #282485 by sod
Yes agree dont think one would work here too little sun to heat roof even on sunny days like this and in summer you could cook up there, I think the batts keep the heat up in the summer :):)

• Toni - Northland
14 years 7 months ago #282492 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Anyone know about HRV systems?

JEF;263720 wrote: it might have a heater bank in it , turn it on and see if your meter goes from 3 rpm up to 6 trillion rpm :D :) [}:)]

PT ...............sorta

I don't really give a rats nornor, I like the DVS, AND I have undertile heating and heats pumps. I lived for 35 years in an old cold villa, so am now enjoying a warm DRY house.

More
14 years 7 months ago #282495 by oskatd
Good for you Toni - enjoy!

• Toni - Northland
14 years 7 months ago #282572 by Toni - Northland
I only wish someone would invent an electric toilet seat warmer for the middle of the night in winter.

More
14 years 7 months ago #282573 by Murray
Example from my system today. At 1.30 pm outside temp 10, roof space temp 19, house temp 15. Two hours later house temp 17 roof 15. On frosty sunny days it works very well. If the sun isn't shining it ventilates the place but actually cools the house. I often turn it off overnight for that reason.
I also have a heat transfer sytem which works extremely well. I sited the intake almost above the woodburner and it vents into two of the upstairs bedrooms (I have a split level house so the vents are in the wall about 70 cms above the floor) and my office. Can certinaly tell when it's going as it does wam the rooms.

Murray - Tuahiwi, Nth Canty
It is better to wear out than rust out - Bishop Richard Cumberland
Wiltshire sheep, hazelnuts, Araucana chooks and Dexter cattle

More
14 years 7 months ago #283136 by jeannielea
Thanks for all the good feedback. There's plenty of pros and cons to consider now including that we do have downlights so need to ask questions about that. We asked about the solar heating panel that goes with it and it adds about $3,00 to the cost (quote is for $3,400 for the sytem and installation with 6 outlets) If we go ahead it will be without the solar but if needed could add it later. we already have a solar unit for water heating so maybe it could be used for both? My knowledge of how they work is pretty limited as you can tell!

More
14 years 7 months ago #283151 by Andrea1

More
14 years 7 months ago #283157 by Clods
We don't have a loft space, the ceiling just pitches up, so what would we do? We get lots of condensation, and I have a dihumidifyer running all day in my bedroom so the clothes don't go mouldy.

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

• Toni - Northland
14 years 7 months ago #283181 by Toni - Northland
:D :D :D :D :D I want one. :D :D :D

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds