Metservice problems

More
12 years 11 months ago #18940 by Isla
Metservice problems was created by Isla
I've written to Metservice recently to ask why their site's graphics won't load, why I can't see the cute little almost-animated "last six hours'" rain radar pictures and so on. They tell me there's no problem with their site, but I've had similar problems on two other computers on two different connections, one broadband and I think they do have a problem! I've conversed with someone else recently who's had similar problems. Anyone else had hassles?

Yes I know about Metvuw, but I want to access Metservice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #280812 by hilldweller
Replied by hilldweller on topic Metservice problems
No problems here, and I use it alot.

hilldweller

More
12 years 11 months ago #280813 by Gracelands
Replied by Gracelands on topic Metservice problems
I really like that 6 hour rain radar, and use it a lot. Lately, it seems a little slow to load at work, but I put that down to inadequate servers at work. Sometimes I think it just gets overloaded during an 'event'. Maybe thats whats happening now. Worked fine just now, although things weren't in exactly the right place, I could stil see the graphics fine.

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

More
12 years 11 months ago #280816 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Metservice problems
Also no problems here - sorry. We are on broadband, if that makes a difference??

More
12 years 11 months ago #280817 by kalnetta
Replied by kalnetta on topic Metservice problems
Bloody hopeless here graphics are slow and so is rural weather.Some times I delete it and come back later .

View Hill Oxford ,23 ewes 2 lambs ,1 ram,, 1cat,the 2 of us,6 granddaughters,one grandson,2 surrogate granddaughters and one step grandson,poor boy.

More
12 years 11 months ago #280819 by bev
Replied by bev on topic Metservice problems
i have the same problem, no graphics, im on BB so its not a dail up thing.
Its a royal PITA but lucky for me weatherwatch has a pretty good report when updating weather in times like this weekend!

More
12 years 11 months ago #280829 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Metservice problems
We've been having problems since they changed the format of the rural weather (and possibly other pages, but that's the one I access most often), which was a few months back. Emailed but they say they have no problems at their end, so they obviously don't care about the end-user much.

Andrea
Oxford

More
12 years 11 months ago #280871 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic Metservice problems
Try using firefox, explorer, Apple's Safari, or Google Chrome. Sometimes the browser gets a little confused, and won't play their fancy graphics viewer.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
12 years 11 months ago #280887 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Metservice problems
I've tried it on Firefox, Safari and now Camino, and it doesn't like either. I don't want to play switch the browser because one page is incompatible. It should be up to them to fix it to suit as many end users as possible.

Andrea
Oxford

More
12 years 11 months ago #280914 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Metservice problems
I always get an error with loading a script when accessing Rural Weather since the revamp. We are on broadband, have tried microsoft windows and Linux and no difference - always a problem but it used to work just fine.

More
12 years 11 months ago #280961 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Metservice problems
I have wireless and also having great problems and the puter at work which si fully fuelled up also couldnt display it.. for me its the most accurate and I can work out whether to curse and run around like a headless rat or just light the fire and know the smoke will go up and out instead of reverse action.. IF you want more peeps to complain ... point me in the right direction and I shall do so

More
12 years 11 months ago #280965 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Metservice problems
Right, would all of those having problems please email metservice and tell them you are having problems. I know they've fobbed three of us already and they need to know that their site is causing problems to some of their regular users, when it wasn't before and was an excellently useable site, even on dial-up. The only thing I couldn't readily load all at once was the seven day rain forecast, but even that could be got around by loading each individual picture as necessary. Now it's just an unreliable site I have to fight with to get the information I need.

More
12 years 11 months ago #280971 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Metservice problems
Isla I was having those problems, but discovered a little box called 'compatibility view' which sorts out the problems as the website is apparently designed for older browsers. Not sure if that's refering to me or the computer ;). Anyhoo, when you click it, it does sort out most of the problems, ie, the graphs on the rural weather actually load. My rain radar still all over the place. I certainly will email them!

More
12 years 11 months ago #280975 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Metservice problems
Thank you for the suggestion, but I've tried compatability view both ways and no joy. The other computers I was using were still using the older browsers and the problems didn't start just when I loaded up the new version of explorer. Metservice tried to tell me that was the problem too, but it isn't.

More
12 years 11 months ago #280995 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Metservice problems
whats the site addy Isla ?
so i can try it here

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds