Diagnosis..... surgery...

• maggies mum
14 years 10 months ago #282256 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Aye it was the horses head that worried me this morning!! Somebody made me and offer I coudn't refuse! ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #282262 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Umm get this right guys, I will be walking off the theatre table and out of there before the paperwork is even started... no ward parties for me..
I need to get home before the local wears off, I know the discomfort from a previous time. getting lotsa bags of dairy nuts and pig nuts etc so that they are easy to toss over the fence for a day or two, as the shoulder/chestwall and arm maybe sore.
As for slippers I never have them, just lightweight summer sandal/slip ons, they fit in the shoulder bag easier, and one doesnt have to bend down to put them on.
Seems Im already breaking the protocol, did the blood test today prior to the walk around the lake with TKP as there is no way Im travelling another 150 k on mon, just ripped off the note that said do on Mon... and smiled and talked lotsa nonsense to the lab nurse so she didnt ask. I know I wasnt for blood grouping and since I have antibodies.. it has to always be extra fresh.. so got away with another wee thing..
Prue2 lotsa jellies this weekend, and I guess a wee bit of the alcohol will go down well. You should get a PCA or epidural so pain should be minimal post op, until day 4 when everything wakes up and thats the most groany moany day..

More
14 years 10 months ago #282432 by PRU2
Replied by PRU2 on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Did all the post op bloods on Thursday beedee.
You lucky thing walk in one door and straight out another.
Am starving and it is not Lunchtime Sat yet. Holy crp have another day and a half of this. At least I am first up Monday Morn.[:I]

More
14 years 10 months ago #282443 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
PRU2 only way I know of to overcome hunger pains is to drink water to fill tum BUT we all know the outcome of that....gotta go...............................again sorry feel so sorry for you its hard to go 24hours without food for tests I know

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 10 months ago #282451 by PRU2
24 I can handle Sod, thanks for the support...but 48+ and plus yesterday was resticted to all the foods I looove and left with boiled chicken and mashed potato and pumpkin for tea. Have told OH he might have to go somewhere tomorrow with the kids cause It ain't gonna be pretty [;)][;)] :D

More
14 years 10 months ago #282479 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Hot water or tea is more filling than cold drinks...can't help any other way, sorry :(

Web Goddess

More
14 years 10 months ago #282483 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
I feel for you and think them going away might save a life or two:) understand food thing its that "Murphy" again what you like you can't have:( Guess you don't know the old song) "Its illegel,its immoral or it makes you fat. Every thing that you like you can be sure that its............ keep strong GOD Bless.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 10 months ago #282578 by Dream Weaver

chooky;263473 wrote: At least with the drugs you can imagine you can have the 3 cats and foxie in the bed with you and any other assorted animals you may fancy as well [;)]

Roflmao. Chooky brilliantly said:)
MM gotta just LUV that Morphine mate

More
14 years 10 months ago #282628 by PRU2
I thought I would feel worse today but at this stage I am not overly hungry. Stomach must have shrunk :rolleyes:( wishful thinking )[}:)]
Am into the "hard" stuff, grape juice, lemonade and lime is yum, Got headaches from not drinking so much coffee, man it tastes terrible without milk and sugar ( damn horrible after taste ).[xx(]
Not long to wait now, this tomorrow should be all ( nearly ) over.

Cate how are you this weekend, hanging in there girl. Take care and will text ya when I can.

Beedee, you sound like you will be in and out of hosp before you blink an eye by the sound of your organisation..........

Those wasjigs might come in handy tigger. I have 6wks of no exercise , lifting etc to come yet....[}:)]

MM if you don't check in before I head out early tomorrow morn, Hope everthing went fine with your "Nip & Tuck" luv.....[;)][;)]

More
14 years 10 months ago #282632 by Cate
Replied by Cate on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Sounds like you are coping well. That first cup of tea and toast post op will be the best you have ever tasted :)
I am keeping myself pretty busy to cope (which is annoying the heck out of the rest of them!)
I am going out tomorrow and buying some new sheets and pillows, comfy new PJs so I have something nice to look forward too. I am still planning to be out the same day I will see how I feel. Forgotten about those blimmin clexane jabs Spook, hubby can do them if I have to have them.[^]
Got a new man for amber and her bessie mates , poor little sod, nearly one, thought he was all that until I released the girls in, he looked tiny and their attention was hilarious, new love toy, he was covered in drool :D .
Little wee Dexter boy, cute but a bit light (comparatively).
Take care and I will be thinking about you tomorrow.

Cate

More
14 years 10 months ago #282693 by beedee
Prue you can have sugar.. tis just milk causes excess mucous in the gut, but a small teaspoon ful would not ever be noted.. they know people cheat so they give extra tuff orders.. do not go in for the op with a coffee withdrawal headache, worst scenario ever.. I did it once!!!!
Oh I always organise my self for the shortest time possible, they often steal my clothes or put a watch on me, to make me stay the full length. I hide my car keys.. Im guessing surgery will be about 1 1/2 hrs , 1/2hr for organising F/U with DNS with my needs and off I trot ;)

More
14 years 10 months ago #282694 by beedee
Cate get yourself a tri pillow or two, then you can make a U shape nest and they stay together better than 4 singles

More
14 years 10 months ago #282700 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...

PRU2;263958 wrote: Those wasjigs might come in handy tigger. I have 6wks of no exercise , lifting etc to come yet....[}:)]

I'll arrange a drop off to you once you are out of bed and bored witless, let me know [;)] there is also a tree out the back of your place I want a photo of [}:)]

Best of luck for Monday :D :D :D

Hints for those having abdominal (or lower!) laparoscopies, from one who has been there, done that twice:
  • easiest way to get out of bed is to shuffle to the side of it and roll out onto you knees and then stand up, rather than trying to sit up in bed :D .
  • the person who invented tripillows deserves a medal - make sure you have one! [;)]
  • if you need to sleep on one side, sleep on the side that has been operated on (if it is to one side and not the middle, and if its not too painful) and gently wedge a pillow under your tummy on that side to support it...:rolleyes:
  • if you feel the need to sneeze or cough (which sometimes the anaethetic does make you want to do :(), hug a pillow tight to your tummy when you do so, it hurts less!
:D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 10 months ago #282704 by PRU2
Ta for the pointers tiggs, :D
I remember the sneezing one when I hurt my lower back yrs ago. The other one is to tilt your head way back so you sneeze upwards, ( not a good idea when you have cold, as what goes up must come back down [:0])
Just taken second dose of "you know what", didn't taste as nice second time round [xx(], so will be visiting the little room again shortly. Ain't feeling as good as I did earlier, maybe a little dehydrated/weak. Am drinking so much I feel waterlogged.... I'm off.............

More
14 years 10 months ago #282710 by AdoubleJ
Replied by AdoubleJ on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
I know mine is not nearly as 'serious' as you guys ops, and believe me I am thinking of you! but those of you who remember my ganglion that isn't, well...... went up and saw my own Doctor and he wanted to know why I was too chicken for a cortisone injection!! I told him I wasn't chicken - the guy decided he wasn't giving me one!!! [:(!] Next thing I have an appointment at the hospital for a cortisone injection in August.
My Dr discussed with OH at last visit about fusing the joint. You can't do that says my OH, She needs that thumb for the dogs lead at the shows!! [:I] so.... now talking about joint replacement. I really feel to young to be talking about joint replacement! :o

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds