Diagnosis..... surgery...

More
14 years 10 months ago #280864 by NZ Appaloosas
Pru, healing vibes heading your way, and of course best wishes. And I concur with what everyone else, but I would like to add one thing, albeit that it comes across as a negative...before the surgery, make sure you have taken care of getting your affairs in order. Get a will, get Powers of Attorney (financial and medical), let someone know what you want as your final wishes. Get that done and over with, and then get on with thinking only the positive thoughts. Hugs and may the gods watch over you.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #280874 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Hi Pru,

best wishes from me, too, and I would also like to add that in almost 9 out of 10 cases it is not of the nasty kind. I hope you belong to the 9 luckier ones.

More
14 years 10 months ago #280942 by Cate
Replied by Cate on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Hi 'PRU2' I can not only sympathise but empathise, I am scheduled for surgery on the 22nd July for breast cancer surgery. Wanna be a surgery/ post surgery buddy :) .
I can keep you updated of how Amber is running rings round poor hubby :D , how a 4 foot wide cow can limbo under a mains electric fence, and I will not even start telling you how she eyes him up when the lurv hormones are flowing, are you missing her still[:0]
Seriously take care and I will be thinking about you.

Cate

• chooky
14 years 10 months ago #280946 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
So sorry to hear your news Pru .
We will al be thinking of you over the next weeks .And all the best for you too Cate. :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #280956 by PRU2
Replied by PRU2 on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Thanks all,
"long distance" ward buddies eh Cate....[;)]
Vibes your ways too...... :)
Will try and think positive thoughts to you on 22nd. If the brain ain't too fuzzy, will pm my cellph no.

More
14 years 10 months ago #280957 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Pru2,
Im going to say.. go through all the aspects.. dont stop at the cleaning... have the good old cryout.. get angry, [but dont stub your toe on something hard, chose who and what you aim at].... be peaceful and calm.. well while you go thro the checkout at the supermarket.. accept and dont accept, better to do those at the same time, then you remain fully confused and your week will fly by so fast.
there are some good sites on the netty, that go through all phases and the why.

I've done some good tyrekicking over the years.. and other times kept bottled up.. find a friend with two ears who wont mind the bashing.. but do tell them you dont really need the warm fuzzy words said, so they dont need to take on what you are saying cos once its all over another page will be started and all that will then be old hat.

IF there are decisions to be made, try to get an equal and balanced view on the options.. so often, this isnt done.. take the 24hrs... go and research..
I had a great doc who would hand me a prescription and tell me to go and google it, then decide if I wanted to take the med.. and come back in a months time and let him know.. Id then give the item/choice a tick either for the positive or negative side of the paper.. and its amazing how depending on ones circumstances and needs how a safer choice was made.
And yes knowing of Spoooks demise on the couch....... do try out the nest before you need it, so that you can get out of any situation, or at least have the cell ph beside you to call for help.
AS you go through this week, think what the biggest fears are, is it the reason, the pain, the debilitation, the life change, the lack of knowledge, the speed of treatment... sift it all out, you might find your biggest hurdle is that you dont know whether to wear summer or winter p.j's or who will wash your smalls for you.. both easily treatable.. the latter by buying those cheap packs of 7x undies and the elastic only lasts 24hrs anyway, so they get tossed.
and there are a few hundred pinna here that are ready to listen.. just beware, you might land up with a few extra roosters tho!!!!!

More
14 years 10 months ago #280959 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Cate, Just seen your post.. I also am the 22nd, [very minor] depending on cancellations etc etc and the erraticness of the public health system.. so will send you very good vibes and give me sumfink to think of while [hopefully] lying on the table for the hour plus.
Just dont expect to be back to normal in the 6 wks that Spooooook did.

More
14 years 10 months ago #281011 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
All the best Pru!

More
14 years 10 months ago #281468 by Dream Weaver
Pru BIG Hugs and lots of healing vibes coming your way. all the very best hun.xx

More
14 years 10 months ago #281566 by Prim
Replied by Prim on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Ohmygosh. Well. Healing vibes to those who will need them - Pru2, Cate and beedee.

More
14 years 10 months ago #281616 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Bugger, I wrote a long post yesterday but must not have posted it. L shuts down the computer at nights, would not have known it was even there.
Anyway, all the best for all 3 of you, I will be thinking of you.

Cate, if you need to talk with a battling survivor, you know where I am. .... and yes, it does take more than six weeks :( but there is not alot I can't do now, maybe not lift so heavy a weight but apart from that....... life is fantastic :D

Pru, I am guessing what you are in for (unless I missed something [;)]) if I am right, there are heaps of others out there too.

Beedee, good luck and hope they do have a space for you, you know my thoughts are with you too.

Hugs to all ............

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
14 years 10 months ago #281624 by PRU2
Replied by PRU2 on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Was going to do a post last night but backed out.
Hope you 2 two others are doing fine this week. :)
Had a good day at home yesterday. Night before a bit of a downer, am in a good frame of mind this morning though. Tomorrow arvo will know more. I am concious of like niggles/ tugs in "the" area.
The only consolation I suppose, we are not alone. The Bloody not knowing what "it" is getting to me. More Happy thoughts :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well for me, this time next week I'll be in recovery mode. Be thinking of you Cate and Beedee.

More
14 years 10 months ago #281649 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Best wishes.

More
14 years 10 months ago #281680 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Cate, have you come across this site ? There may be links that can help you and put you more at ease

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
14 years 10 months ago #281685 by Valmai
Replied by Valmai on topic Diagnosis..... surgery...
Pru Cate and beedee, fingers crossed for you all.
Pru I have no idea what medical problem you have, but if it was found 'by accident' perhaps that means it was found early and will have a far better prognosis.(sp) I really want to say try not to worry too much, but of course you will, so also think about the 'best case senario'.
Cate there are a fair number of us on this board who have been where you are now, and we are all still around and enjoying life. (At least one of us still has the lop-sided boobs to prove it[;)][:0])
beedee, you looking for sympathy??? you big sook![;)][;)]
The best piece of advice I can give each of you is find an aquantaince, someone you trust and would feel comfortable talking too without worrying about upsetting them. (I never told my family all and everything I was feeling because I was worried about how they would handle it.)
While you are on a roll with the nest-cleaning make sure you have all the 'luxuries' ready and waiting for when you come home. If you've been meaning to get new pillows, do it now. New sheets, slippers etc. even one of those lufferly thick nighties like a tent. Whatever it is that you look forward to after a hard day is what you need to have a supply of.

Carbon-based biological unit.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds