Anything going on in Wellington in August?

• maggies mum
15 years 2 weeks ago #18877 by maggies mum
Anything going on in Wellington in August? was created by maggies mum
Thinking of taking a trip as spoook and L did on the Overlander to Wellington sometime in August.

In dire need of a couple of days away not thinking of anything......I know I don't do much thinking anyway cos it 'urts[B)] but we really could do with a break.

The last holiday we had was this time last year when we went to the UK and then it wasn't particularly relaxing.

Lots going on here at the mo, with some renovations, redecorating etc and to be honest I'm bloody sick of looking at it [xx(] So a couple of days away to recharge is in order.

So some feedback would be nice about the place, what to do etc, won't be hiring a car or anything like that.

Fanx luvs :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #279984 by Dream Weaver
Theres a real friendly pitbull in Otaki ha ha
Try this hope it works.

Wellington - New Zealand's Capital City | WellingtonNZ.com

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #279986 by Xartep
Subscribe to the know wellington newsletter,on the link above, it is weekly and give you lots of info on what is on for the coming week.
X

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

• maggies mum
15 years 2 weeks ago #279987 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Anything going on in Wellington in August?
Cheers for that! :)

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #280017 by Clods
Are you going to be here long enough to say hello?

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #280039 by sod
If theres not there will be once you get down there and sort them out, maybe a get together :) so we can meet you Didn't get chance too when someone else went down as no warning :)

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

• maggies mum
15 years 2 weeks ago #280072 by maggies mum
Probably travel down on the Friday and head home on the Sunday, not sure which weekend but I looked at prices for mid August.

I can leet ya'all know with plenty of warning so ya can either take to the hills to hide or arrange to meet for a coffee or lunch or dinner wiv wine...

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #280075 by spoook
MM, great idea :D I can suggest some really nice accomodation walking distance to the train station, you will need it due to the hours it arrives and departs [;)]
Te Papa is within walking distance, well a long walk but with shops and bars and cafes on the way, who notices the distance [;)]
Shops and more shops, no late night Friday but Saturday is almost normal.

When you go to book check out if the steam train is running on the Sunday coming home. Worth the extra time to get home at no extra costs.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #280076 by Stu_R
I think i heard on radio spook steam train on for july , dont know about august

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #280093 by Celtic_Kiwi
Beginning of August, my daughter turns 4. Wanna dress up as a fairy and join us?

Celtic_Kiwi
AKA Nikki

Tir Na NOg

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #280106 by Dream Weaver
Oh she would be just perfect, she could even bring her red bloomers for underneath.

• maggies mum
15 years 2 weeks ago #280112 by maggies mum

spoook;261197 wrote: MM, great idea :D I can suggest some really nice accomodation walking distance to the train station, you will need it due to the hours it arrives and departs [;)]
Te Papa is within walking distance, well a long walk but with shops and bars and cafes on the way, who notices the distance [;)]
Shops and more shops, no late night Friday but Saturday is almost normal.

When you go to book check out if the steam train is running on the Sunday coming home. Worth the extra time to get home at no extra costs.

Aye looked at that about th esteam train, it's every other Sunday, so mid August weekend it should be running. Was that an added extra to the Overlander or all the same thing??

I'll send BD he's a right fairy most of the the time CK!

Will buy new red bloomer smilie for the special occasion! :D:D:D

More
15 years 1 week ago #280499 by Westermans
OH MM if you come to town we HAVE to have a bit of a catch up, it would be rude not too :)

I have no idea what is happening in Wellington but the link smilie gave you is a good one it has all the things to do here....startlight express is on now, not sure how long for...it that floats your boat..personally not my kind of fun!!
I hope we get to meet up.

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

• maggies mum
15 years 1 week ago #280502 by maggies mum
That would be good if we could, it'd be fun! I've seen Stralight Express in London, I enjoyed it but I don't think anyone else will haha!

More
15 years 1 week ago #280618 by Westermans
You could put spangles in your bloomers an wear roller blades :) get the feel for it...lol...my freind went last weekend and she said it wasnt as good as she saw it in london too...but enjoyed it all the same...
Please dont tell me you are heading over 22nd though eh....pretty please...i have a 40th i HAVE to attend or my blood will be spilt! :(

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds