Mission Estate concert

More
14 years 7 months ago #1887 by Finn McCool
Just found out that John Cougar Mellencamp is playing there next year and I HAVE to go so is there anyone out there who has been to any of the other concerts and is familiar with how it all works, best seating, car park facilities etc. Any tips would be appreciated.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #65897 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Mission Estate concert
Take your ear plugs for when he gets "political".... I loved his concert in Sydney years ago, sounds spot on with his recorded music, up until the point he stopped entertaining and decided to become a spokesperson for whatever trendy bandwagon was happening at the time....

Why do entertainers feel the need to lecture (usually politics) during their concerts instead of just doing what we all paid huge sums of money for, and that is, entertain....?[V]

More
14 years 7 months ago #66537 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Mission Estate concert
I agree swaggie, U2 were exactly the same - very political in the middle of the concert.

I guess they have a huge captive audience and just get away with it.

Sorry Finn, can't help with your question as have never been to Mission Estate for a concert. My sister has, and I don't recall her mentioning any problems with seating, or parking etc.
If I remember, I will ask her when speaking to her later in the week.

cheers
Jan

• chooky
14 years 7 months ago #66539 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic Mission Estate concert
Never been myself but our son went to Eric Clapton earlier this year and said it was a bit of a bun fight to get a good possie - so I guess you need to get there early and be ready to run :Dand I guess after all that running in the Hawkes Bay heat you would need a cool beverage or two when you get settled in your possie .[}:)][^]

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds