Gurrr!! Carpark bandits

More
12 years 11 months ago #18781 by Xartep
Our car got broken into in a Wellington carpark yesterday. :(
They broke a back window, took the bags off the back seat and tossed the contents around in the stairwell.
Stole, one pair of jeans, a pair of old merrell shoes, and hubbies shaver. The home grown lamb chops for his (and friends) dinna that was in the chiller bag was tossed aside like it was rubbish! Shite I was in the shops yesterday and that was almost $20 of meat!
The Police of course can do nothing. Luckily we have glass cover on our insurance.
So a note of caution, when using carparking buildings, always park in a spot that your car can be seen from all angles, next to a pillar gives the buggas opprotunity.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #278132 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Gurrr!! Carpark bandits
THat is so gutting for you just the feeling that they have been in is bad :mad:But the stupid act of chucking it out makes you feel so angry/wild So very sorry for you big hugs of love to you all

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
12 years 11 months ago #278134 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Gurrr!! Carpark bandits
Sorry to hear this happened to you.

I get grumpy with the fact that carpark buildings charge you to park there but their security is so crap...what happened to them having security guys walking around and having a presence to deter break-ins?

Plenty of carpark buildings I won't park in now because I myself don't feel safe getting in and out of my car there, let alone leaving my vehicle there! :(:(

Having said that, my car was broken into at the last place we lived, at nighttime, right outside our bedroom window and none of us (including dog) heard a thing. Stole sports shoes, a raincoat and a pair of binoculars. Didn't realise anything was amiss until I tried to put the key into the passenger door lock and realised it was damaged...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
12 years 11 months ago #278207 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Gurrr!! Carpark bandits
Not a nice feeling Xartep. Many carparks advertise that they have security cameras - did this one?

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
12 years 11 months ago #278219 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Gurrr!! Carpark bandits
Sorry to hear about this but we are constantly being warned not to leave anything in clear view for just this reason. We shouldn't have too!!! but life is full of mongrels.

I automatically put everything in the boot these days as our local town has a problem with the same issue and the Police warn us through the Local paper. Good that thye are not hiding the issue.

More
12 years 11 months ago #278247 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Gurrr!! Carpark bandits
Our car has been broken into once and there was NOTHING in it that could be taken. It was clean, tidy, nothing to be seen and still broken into.

Welcome to the club, Xartep.

More
12 years 11 months ago #278250 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Gurrr!! Carpark bandits
Its a ute, and the canopy has windows also, so there is nowhere to "hide" the overnight bag.
Other than that and the esky for the meat the car is always empty.
I think I will invest in one of those lockable safes for tools to put in the back and screw down.
We use this carpark cause it is both handy to both offices that he works from, and you can pay by eftpos. The other carpark only takes cash, and is often full when he gets to Wn in the AM.
I went to get him a new shaver - woohoo talk about $$$$$$!!!!![:0]

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
12 years 11 months ago #278251 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Gurrr!! Carpark bandits

Simkin;259227 wrote: Our car has been broken into once and there was NOTHING in it that could be taken. It was clean, tidy, nothing to be seen and still broken into.

Welcome to the club, Xartep.

When I lived in Wellington, I used to leave the car unlocked as it would get broken into on a weekly basis.
Stopped smoking in it too as they used to empty the ashtray on the floor... YUK

More
12 years 11 months ago #278262 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Gurrr!! Carpark bandits
i guess this just proves :) stay out of City's :) lol ... in saying that even in small country town like this cars get done :( ... um mine doesnt seem to though .. lol maybe cause usually when its in town it has 2 large Akitas in the back .. or when its in my drive way ... the 2 large Akita's can hear far better than i can , and let the world know there is a person where they shouldn't be :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 11 months ago #278263 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Gurrr!! Carpark bandits
am very sorry to hear you got "done " though Xaretp matey :(

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds