Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate

More
14 years 9 months ago #277353 by wedtoiain
Do you have the web address of the pommies shop please MM? OH and MIL are both Scottish and would love to get some for them - especially walnut whips. Thanks Diana

70 acres with 1 husband, 1 mother-in-law, cattle, horses, dogs, cats, chooks, wild ducks, pigs.[:D][:D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #277362 by The Kats Place
haven notied cause haven't bought any choccie lately, bum, ripped off again.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

• maggies mum
14 years 9 months ago #277368 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate

wedtoiain;258084 wrote: Do you have the web address of the pommies shop please MM? OH and MIL are both Scottish and would love to get some for them - especially walnut whips. Thanks Diana

There's this one

www.theenglishcornershop.co.nz/

and these

www.bramptins.co.nz/

:D :D

More
14 years 9 months ago #277377 by flyingfeathers
Having just popped in to the local store this morning I noticed their peppermint dark chocolate at 230g was $5 a bar ! ! ! No way I'm paying that, it's just ridiculous [:(!] [}:)] Much cheaper in Pak n Slave

7 acres in the wonderful South Wairarapa

More
14 years 9 months ago #277416 by jeannielea
MM it's all a matter of upbringing!!! As a born and bred Kiwi I prefer the NZ taste and always found the English one tastes like sour milk!! But I hardly eat chocolate now though was given some Trade Aid stuff recently and that's nice - my kids like the one that sponsors the Sunday theatre programme on Channel one! Which reminds me, my great neice is in the one this week - Show of Hands. She's the wee girl who waves to Mealnie Lynskey from a pedestrian crossing.

More
14 years 9 months ago #277418 by wedtoiain
Thanks MM. Will put them both in my favourites.

70 acres with 1 husband, 1 mother-in-law, cattle, horses, dogs, cats, chooks, wild ducks, pigs.[:D][:D]

More
14 years 9 months ago #277444 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
It tastes different again in the States because they use corn syrup. I really got a thrill the first time I saw Cadbury's there (as opposed to Hersheys which is vile) and thought you beauty, something from home! (Home being Australia). Tasted it and got a surprise - didn't taste right at all. Read the label and realised it was made under licence. And neither does the UK version (to me). But palm oil? Yuk.

MM, have you seen the product called Our Mate in the Vegemite section of the supermarket? It's true English Marmite, everything the same - manufacturer, shape of jar, packaging colours etc., just under another name. They sold the name Marmite to Sanitarium, and now it tastes different (my Dad says - I'm a Vegemite girl, it puts a rose in every cheek you know [:I]), but I reckon there were so many complaints from down here that the original manufacturer came up with Our Mate. So if anyone out there is pining for real Marmite and doesn't want to pay the outrageous import prices, check it out. Dad swears it's the real thing, I made him do a blind taste test :D !

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

• maggies mum
14 years 9 months ago #277458 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
Yeah Kaybe I know, I did writre a reply earlier but my connection bombed out and I can't be bothered to write it all again! ;)

Jeannilea, NZ Cadburys has NO taste lol, UK Cadburys actually tastes like chocolate! :D

• Toni - Northland
14 years 9 months ago #277494 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
I have changed to Whittakers. It is better, especially the Whittakers Kiwifruit chocolate. I also used to get organic choccy when I was going to Matakana Markets. There are too many Aucklanders go there now and take up all the parking. I can't remember the name of it now, but did give Anna2 I think it was their website.

More
14 years 9 months ago #277510 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
Toni we love theirs too

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 9 months ago #277514 by Beltie
Replied by Beltie on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
The palm oil thing is what bothers me most. I'm not sure if it will be labelled as containing palm oil or if it will just say vegetable oil in which case lots of people wont even know (even if they did read the list of ingredients). I'll probably just pay a bit more & switch to whittakers.

More
14 years 9 months ago #277518 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
I've had a look at the list of ingredients - it only specifies vegetable fat. There is no real difference between the old and the new list of ingredients.

Thanks for pointing out that they include palm oil. Yuck. It's one of the worst things anyone can do for the environment and for those arteries as I imagine that it has been hydrogenated.

I guess Whittakers has won over another ex Cadbury customer.

I've just used some to melt for dipping cookies in - it is very runny. The New Zealand made one was wonderfully creamy and made a thick chocolate cover. This new stuff isn't nice at all - just a whiff of chocolate on the cookies

More
14 years 9 months ago #277520 by kathken
well that's a shame..... i have always been an utmost advocate of cadburys, no other chocolate comes close IMO. how sad.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
14 years 9 months ago #277861 by FraSla
Replied by FraSla on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
I had a look today and not only are they smaller, but they are all different weights. Crunchie is 190g, Caramello and Dream are 220g and i can't remember what the other on was but it was 210g. Bloody suck i want our old chocolate back!!!![:(!]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I'm open minded and I'm looking to learn something everyday. [:D]

More
14 years 9 months ago #277911 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
I bought some Whittakers chocolate yesterday and it still has 250 grams, it is creamy and thick and contains NO vegetable fat.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds