Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #18713 by Simkin
Has anyone else noticed the quiet downsizing that has been going on now that we get the lovely Australian stuff?

I still have one precious New Zealand made Dairy Milk tab and it is 250g :) :) :) :) :) The new stuff, while puffed up with cardboard:( instead of paper, is only 200g :( .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #277183 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
The price is the same though isn't it?!

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #277189 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
I reckon it is dearer. I just paid 2.99 for one tab on special. I'm pretty sure I got like 2 for 5 Dollars of the old (heavier) ones.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #277195 by Dream Weaver
My daughters partner is a Grocery manager in a supermarket. He told me awhi9le ago about the change in packaging and yes its more money for less choccie. I think he mentioned something about the milk being different to and something else that I cant remember.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #277207 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
Arn't they most trusted in NZ :rolleyes: yeah right!

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #277219 by clowder
Might be time to change over to whittakers!!!

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #277267 by pkb
Replied by pkb on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
Apparently they have changed their recipe and started using palm oil in the chocolate, which makes it taste different.

• maggies mum
15 years 4 weeks ago #277268 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
CAdbursy tastes different at this end of the world full stop!! Prefer the taste in Pommie land...I might have to order online at the pommie shop!

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #277285 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
Watch out if buying the toasted varieties of sanitarium muesli (pink/purple pack and the red) both the same sized box, same price but 50g less in the pp one at Foodtown Pukekohe.[}:)] Same size boxes shouldn't be allowed for different weighing items.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #277286 by flyingfeathers
I thought they had changed it then I couldn't remember the original size ! ! [:I] Not interested in cardboard packaging it's a pain, ends up in the bin and it stays in the foil bit instead.

Might have to get complaining to Fair Go at this rate as I'm getting a bit fed up with the manufacturers making things smaller and charging the same price for things [}:)]

7 acres in the wonderful South Wairarapa

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #277310 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
PALM OIL!!!!!??????? No no no, they can't use Palm Oil!!!!! Isn't the desire for Palm Oil the reason for the loss of rain forests and other such ecological treasures? Farmers are ploughing down the forests to make more land available to grow the trees that produce the oil.... no no no, Cadbury shouldn't even be considering this additive for the planets sake, never mind the taste factor. What a stink thing to do!!!!

I've scrutinized this new packaging and the contents and feel considerably 'had'. Same price, less chocolate and the cardboard is a pain, just more trees used to make the cardboard rather than the good old paper. Humph!!!! So much for a greener approach to product production.
I wonder what genius came up with this new idea and how many squillions they got paid for it. They should be made to help replant rainforests and forests in general!!!!! Ohhh and they should be made to fork out for the plants too!!!!!
Bloody cheek!!!!
I haven't seen any ads heralding this 'new look'.... maybe they think we won't notice! HA! Not all of us have been dumbed down by the appalling bubblegum tv programmes and adverts.

VETO!!!

Yakut

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #277318 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
I'll go with clowder as its local real paper wrapped and I like it, liked the old cadburys made here.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #277320 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
Yes, we had noticed the new size, the cheap cardboard packaging and the new taste. Not impressed with any of it.
Won't be buying it any time soon. Not that we are big chocolate fans to start with, but did like the odd piece of Cadbury Dairy Milk - but alas, no longer :(

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #277337 by Murray
Replied by Murray on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate

maggies mum;257992 wrote: CAdbursy tastes different at this end of the world full stop!! Prefer the taste in Pommie land...I might have to order online at the pommie shop!

It's cos they use real sugar here whereas in the UK they use sugar beet. That's what we were told at the Cadbury factory in Dunedin when a UK tourist asked that question.

Murray - Tuahiwi, Nth Canty
It is better to wear out than rust out - Bishop Richard Cumberland
Wiltshire sheep, hazelnuts, Araucana chooks and Dexter cattle

• maggies mum
15 years 4 weeks ago #277338 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
Well whatever they say UK Cadburys is the best! It's even different in Ireland!

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds