Laminators - Advice Please

More
13 years 1 day ago #18709 by Toast
I want to buy a small laminator for my small business and for use in our sporting organisations.

A4 would be the largest size I would want to laminate. With the A4 ones can you laminate smaller items, eg A5, A6, or do you just put it in an A4 sleeve & cut it down afterwards?

Any info and advice about laminators would be good. It won't be getting high useage. I've seen some on TradeMe.

Any brands that are better; any brands to be avoided?

Thanks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 day ago #277154 by Prim
Replied by Prim on topic Laminators - Advice Please
No advice, but interested in the replies you get!

I'm imaging that if you can get smaller pockets to start with (can you?) you'd be able to do anything A4 or smaller with an A4 sized laminator. Cutting them down all the time would be wasteful.

• maggies mum
13 years 1 day ago #277155 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Laminators - Advice Please
Yes you can cut them down, try maximising the use of the whole sheet, ie 2 or 3 smaller items together, leaving a small gap between those items to allow you to cut them.I brought mine form the UK, can't remember the make, can look later. It wasn't overly expensive, but that was the UK, I find some things very expensive here.

Mine is really good, had no trouble with it and I used it loads at my pre-school.

• maggies mum
13 years 1 day ago #277156 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Laminators - Advice Please
Ok just looked and mine is a Rexel IP20 A4 Personal laminator and I can't fault it.

More
13 years 1 day ago #277182 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic Laminators - Advice Please
You can get A4, A5, and card sized pouches, and feed them through a standard A4 laminator.

Just beware, if you buy a cheap laminator off TM, you'll get what you pay for!

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
13 years 1 day ago #277256 by znt26
Replied by znt26 on topic Laminators - Advice Please
I bought mine from the supermarket and it has lasted me ages!

Downsized to a 1600 m2 town section + a very cheap rented 2 acre paddock!
1 Parsons Jack Russel - Phantom
1 Border terrier - Ruby
1 cat - Pip
1 chook - SPCA
2 highland cross beefies - Griffin & Knife & fork!

More
13 years 1 day ago #277263 by Birman Babe
Paper Plus and Warehouse Stationers normally sell them at a reasonable price as well.

More
13 years 1 day ago #277271 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Laminators - Advice Please
Get the largest you can, doesnt cost much more, then anyone wanting posters done you can charge them for the pleasure, also we all know that very soon you will want to do the A3!
If you do different thicknesses of paper, then get the different temperature setting one, .. otherwise I think I paid $50 for mine from the stat.warehouse when it was on special.. does all I want it to.

More
13 years 1 day ago #277329 by Toast
Replied by Toast on topic Laminators - Advice Please
mmmm ..... Might go to Stat'y Warehouse. Was in there today & didn't think to look at them.

Incidentally, they have 50% off a huge amount of items. Next time I'm in town will have to investigate further.

Thanks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

More
13 years 1 day ago #277348 by hogiehorse
I purchased a GBC A4 Laminator from Warehouse Stationery - very happy with it and have used it heaps of times over the last couple of years. I buy the GBC Creative Laminating Mix Pack Pouches. I have turned quite a few of my best photos into coasters or place mats by laminating.

Hogiehorse
Quit lifestyling in September 2005 after 20 years but still ardent fan of this forum

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds