How to Set-Up Unsubscribe on Email

More
13 years 1 week ago #18708 by Toast
I'm about to start a regular email newsletter to clients.

How do I set-up the unsubscribe option at the bottom of the email?

Thanks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #277177 by moggy
If the number of clients is not huge, just tell them to send an email with unsubscribe in the title. Then do it manually.
What software are you using to send it out?

More
13 years 6 days ago #277340 by Toast
Outlook.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

More
13 years 6 days ago #277346 by ame
You most likely can't do it automagically. You will have to maintain the list yourself, and manually change it if someone requests to unsubscribe.

I assume you are using Outlook Express. Here's how to set up a list, but make sure you use the BCC field when you send messages, so that people don't see each other's addresses.

email.about.com/cs/oetipstricks/qt/et040703.htm

If it's you yourself who is running the list then just put a message in the email footer or signature saying "Contact me directly to be removed".

One option you could consider is Yahoo! Groups. It's easy to set up, and you don't need a Yahoo! ID to subscribe (you do to set it up).

If you want to do it 'for real' then get your own domain name and make sure your hosting provider has a mailing list manager program (such as MailMan). For example, The Kiwi Web Hosting Company kiwiwebhost.co.nz/index.htm does this.

A

More
13 years 6 days ago #277350 by moggy
If you are using outlook, not outlook express there are various rules that you can set up to handle emails with a certain subject. You can also write/record macros to do features that rules cannot do. And you can also write add ins (significant programming skills required however)
If it is outlook, I qouls suggest you do a search online as no doubt there will be people who have already solved this for you.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds