facebook, classic group!!! & stupid americans....

More
14 years 7 months ago #1870 by llamafarma

2 Goats, 7 Chooks, 1 Cat 1 Dog, (RIP Jake) & 2 Kunekune's.......& a fabulous new rescue GSD,for now.......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #65563 by DiDi
This is a quiet giggle for me. Having travelled the world, you just have to wonder what it is about out Media/Journalists - let alone Politicians such as Lange and Clarke who make out that we are respected all over the world. What! They don't even know where we are - an insignificant South Seas Island!

No wonder we are sliding down the scale to Third World Status when we have such ignorant people "leading" the country. We are to lead the world in Carbon Neutrality/Credits - how embarassing! There is a saying about men with small bits and that is about where we fit in the world. It is a joke that our people are so naieve that this lot (any party) can sell it to them.

Anyone else find themselves awake at 2pm and listen to BBC News? There is a world out there!

More
14 years 7 months ago #65588 by Louimay
I look at the comments made on there the other way. To me it shows a huge ignorance and actually quite a bit of stupidity from the non New Zealanders asking the questions about NZ. Some of those questions are just plain dumb!!

There is a world out there alright and we as New Zealanders are probably more clued up on it than some of those numbskulls asking those questions. I am amazed that there are such thick people in the world.

More
14 years 7 months ago #65590 by Louimay
"i used to do a gig catering for tours and we served roast lamb,we used to get asked all the time did you "raise the lamb yourselves", yeah everyone in new zealand is assigned a lamb and we have to sit there and watch it till it grows to edible lamb size the take it out back slaughter it, roast it and serve it with mint sauce!!!!?!"

That one has me in stitches...LOL:D:D

More
14 years 7 months ago #65680 by Clods
My cousin is German. She was on a greyhound bus in the US, and was asked where she was from, as she had a cute accent. She said Germany, and was asked what state that was in. She said, you know Germany - where Hitler came from, the war etc. And the American said "Oh, yes, Hitler, he must be getting on a bit now".

I think its just an American ignorance in general of anything outside their little corner of the world. Not all Americans, but a certain type.

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

• Toni - Northland
14 years 7 months ago #65687 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic facebook, classic group!!! & stupid americans....
Clods, the Americans that were on our last cruise, and that was the majority of the ship, were in their own little world. It's like a dome is over the States. They had no idea of the rest of the world, even though most of them had done up to 40 cruises. I found that amazing really and most were very arrogant about their Americanism. Sorry if that offends our American lsber's on here, but that was my observation of that trip. I have heard others say the same thing. It wasn't even the silly questions we were asked, those I can handle, but it was the, "We are Americans so we are better than you" attitude. Maybe they found our humour hard to comprehend, I don't know, but it was weird. Even though we are 'way down here at the bottom of the world' we have more of an idea of what goes on around the world than they did. The only time they really wanted to know, was at Trivia as I could answer the questions that were about things other than Stateside.

More
14 years 7 months ago #65716 by llamafarma
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n0Mf0qKRD0

americans, as a nation are really REALLY stupid & ignorant....Yugoslavia??????Utah, dozy F**KWITS!

2 Goats, 7 Chooks, 1 Cat 1 Dog, (RIP Jake) & 2 Kunekune's.......& a fabulous new rescue GSD,for now.......

More
14 years 7 months ago #65726 by sod
To be fair they only get told what is on TV and they are always told they are the greatest which is of course wrong WE ARE :p They often dont leave the USA so they dont get to mix as we do. We know some that have come over here afew times now and see the world in a very differant way.We learnd them A.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 7 months ago #65767 by Hestia
there is one group on facebook called: I am swedish but not from f-cking switzerland!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2217823563

same thing no matter where you come from.
as being swedish you get asked about polar bears walking in the streets,
what is sweden famous for?? swiss cheese or swiss chocolate??
Denmark is a city in Sweden?
-why don´t you just speak english, seems pointless to have your own language!
and the classic question:
do you still have vikings in sweden?
yeah it is the natives! but we don't wear those helmets any more but we do still travel,me in nz :)

,,swedes ask me if I see many kangaroos and snakes in nz and if the abbos are friendly and what we eat and what language they talk in NZ :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #65768 by Hestia
Shania Twain lives in switzerland or at least has a house there and a american reporter did ask her:
So what's life like in Switzerland? Do they play ABBA all day and drive around in their Volvo's?"...
*sigh*

More
14 years 7 months ago #65770 by DiDi
I totally agree with all your comments regarding the lack of Geography education received by the Americans and the Canadians (as I discovered) but I think we in this country are guilty of listening to our media and thinking that we are heard outside this little island. We aren't! Go to Australia and try and find anything about NZ on their TV News.

Are we not being corrupted in our beliefs as much as the Americans and whoever else? Go to somewhere like Croatia where everyone speaks five languages and then wonder why we are such a "powerful" nation leading the world on Nuclear Free and Carbon Credits. We are just stupid!

I am still struggling with the natural wonders of the world i.e. the Ice Age versus what is happening now as a natural outcome as previous Ages have been. We will have to join the chorus at some stage but why should a little South Seas Island be leading the race to cost it's taxpayers a fortune (on low wages) when the biggest polluters with the biggest purses are ignoring it. Put that into perspective - Arnold Swartzenegger (sp?) is in charge of the third biggest economy in the world. Yeah! Go New Zealand... or are we being brain washed just as the Americans have been for years. Think about what we are fed on NZ television.

More
14 years 7 months ago #65852 by llamafarma
On NZ TV we are fed British & American & Oz crap.

• Toni - Northland
14 years 7 months ago #65878 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic facebook, classic group!!! & stupid americans....

quote:Originally posted by llamafarma

On NZ TV we are fed British & American & Oz crap.

It's not all crap though llamafarma.

• maggies mum
14 years 7 months ago #65880 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic facebook, classic group!!! & stupid americans....
Plus you can always choose not to watch it!! ;)

More
14 years 7 months ago #65918 by sod
But every one in the world knows us because we won the americas cup :p yeah right.Our govt like all others feeds us like mushrooms[}:)].Anyway if your far enough up yourself all you can see is you.:D:D:D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds