House work is so dangerous :(

More
14 years 11 months ago #18685 by Westermans
I was vaccuming the house and i hit the yet to be fixed in palce end board that finishes our kitchen off...it all went in slow motion and fell onto my socked foot....the pain was immediate and i was screaming...no one around to hear or help though [:0]
It was only when i took my sock off that i cried like a baby [:I] i had a lump the size of a tennis ball on the bridge of my foot and i was in so much pain..still alone but knowing hubby was due home any min with a delivery guy with some wood made me feel a bit better..i couldnt move so was stuck on the chair with leg na foot eleveated...throbing by now...and looking so scary..every time i looked at it i cried a bit more...
Then he arrived....whooooo i have help i though....but he was off again...little did i know he was giving the driver of the truck a drive through our drive so he knew how to take it...but this left me bawling my eyes out again...eventually he did return and the look on his face at the sight of my foot [:0] he grabbed some ice and wrapped it in a towel and told me to hang in there, passed me a phone in case of emergency and said he would be back as soon as the delivey was over....bloody men [:(!] !
SO i called my neighbour/freind who is a nurse and she came to my rescue, she had never in all her years of nursing seen such a swelling...lol...she couldnt feel bones due to swelling either so put a tub-a-grip on it and told me to rest and keep it elevated....and ice 20 mins in every hour.....well today 2 days later it is all the colours under the sun and hurts like hell...i dont think anything is broken as i can put my weight on it, its just very painfull...and the most painfull thing is i have been running for over 5 weeks now and doing really well 4.4k 4 days a week....had to have the last 2 weeks off due to that horrid cold i couldnt get rid of and now this!! im doomed!![:(!]
I was hoping my silver linning would be hubby would finally finish locking the kitchen into place after that happend to me....but no....still not finished....one day....till then i will keep well away from that board with my vacume cleaner!!

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #276915 by kathken
it's probably a sign that you've done enough running exercise and you don't need to lose any more weight hehe

nah seriously, sounds very painful. sounds like it is heavily bruised. i know it's painful to do this, but massaging it with some anti flam or something like that will help with the bruising.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
14 years 11 months ago #276941 by Westermans
oh i wish Kathken...i have sooo much to loose nad now i am falling behind due to being sick and not a gammy foot!! lol.. i can only jsut stand to put the tubagrip on it..its so painful. i have arnica when i rmember to take them....:) im a typical mum, i just get on with it...i know i have done too much already as i have fed everyone out and done the laundry, fetched in the wood and about to start cleaning the house..but i dont do JUST SITTING...it kills me...may take a rest this afternoon with a cuppa :)

www.westermans.co.nz

More
14 years 11 months ago #276962 by sod
Replied by sod on topic House work is so dangerous :(
As has been said on here before vacuum cleaners are scary things to man/woman and furry family :D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 11 months ago #276967 by grannie Mary
poor you, but if you keep doing things hubby will think youre OK & dont really need help.

And if you carry in the wood youre putting a lot of extra stress on that poor foot

Maybe its the time to let them all know just how much you do, when they have to do it for themselves!!!

Mary

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble,
It empties today of its strength."

More
14 years 11 months ago #276975 by Westermans
Sod i have to agree with the danger doing household chores.....still dont think that will get me out of them...shame...GM if i down tools no one would do a thing..honestly..they wouldnt...i have 2 lazy ass teen daughters..who when asked 100 times will do something but moan and groan..hubby works really long hours but he would help if needed...last night he was called upon more than usual...once i sat my ass on the sofa i refused to move...lol...my lazy ass teens are my own fault...i ahve bee nvery lucky to be a stay home mum all their lives so i have just DONE it...they do help out but they dont JUST DO IT....they sit and sit...and it drives me insane so i just do it myself...much easier...
the foot is not too bad, but when i rest it it hurst so much when i get up...so i think i have the kind of injury that needs moving a bit...Thanks for your concern, nice to know someone cares...lol ;)

www.westermans.co.nz

• maggies mum
14 years 11 months ago #276981 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic House work is so dangerous :(
Don't do anymore of the "H" word until someone has done a proper risk assessment! ;)

More
14 years 11 months ago #277000 by Kiwi303

Westermans;257666 wrote: i have 2 lazy ass teen daughters..who when asked 100 times will do something but moan and groan..

Cattle prod! it works to get big beasties moving, it ought to work on them too :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
14 years 11 months ago #277030 by sod
Just don't do or get something ready they really really want and just sit don't let it get to you :) it's fun to watch go on dare you :)

More
14 years 11 months ago #277047 by grannie Mary
yep 2nd that

Mary

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble,
It empties today of its strength."

More
14 years 11 months ago #277061 by Westermans
cattle prod...oh Kiwi303..i only wish i had one!

MM I may got health and safety in to check the place out before i do anymore damage to myself...lol...

i have done dinner and sat down as hubby still isnt in from work yet and he is collecting the eldest from a mates on the way home..the youngest and i ate dinner and then i sat...i pulled off my sock...and OMG i now have purple toes..if my feet were not so gross i would take a pic...lol...i hate feet at the best of times anyway!! BUT i am going to sit and let them get their own dinners and drinks when they come in....kills me though as im a dooer not a watcher...lol...but i will take the dare and run with it all night....lol

www.westermans.co.nz

More
14 years 11 months ago #277067 by kate
Replied by kate on topic House work is so dangerous :(
I think you should get that foot to a doctor's surgery to have it looked at [B)][B)][:0][:0]

Web Goddess

More
14 years 11 months ago #277071 by sod
Good on you make em and look after that foot

More
14 years 11 months ago #277108 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic House work is so dangerous :(
I agree with Kate - see a doctor.

I got walloped above my left knee once and was told when I saw the doctor a week later(!) that I didn't RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) it enough. Ended up having a clot cut out 2 weeks later because the swelling wasn't going down and I had a bruise which covered half my leg. Now 3 years later I still have an insensitive patch which is misshapen (no more miniskirts ever - even if I did ever get back down to a size 12 which I seriously doubt :rolleyes:) and aches sometimes.

You should be resting it a lot more, not hobbling around getting wood and making dinner (or stripping wallpaper in my case). Your kids are not littlies, they can cope.

Good for you with the running. You'll get back to it. And the weight loss will surely be helped by not being able to walk to the fridge [;)] :D .

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
14 years 11 months ago #277112 by Kiwi303

Westermans;257761 wrote: cattle prod...oh Kiwi303..i only wish i had one!

Want to borrow mine? I haven't used it since we came down here from up north :P there hasn't been any need down here to encourage grumpy old sows up the ramp into a trailer/crate to go see their boyfriend :P

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds