Animal [cat] lovers did you see Christian the Lion on Sunday

More
15 years 1 month ago #18656 by witheze
Wasn't that a fantastic programme? I'm still wiping tears away...if you missed this gem the dvd book and youtube clips are available. Two mad Aussies bought a lion cub from Harrods in the swinging 60s sucessfully reared it and with the help of George Adamson sucessfully returned it to the wild. The amazing part was the reunion a year later and the love that Christian showed his rearers. Not so good was the attack on a keeper by another lion [Boy] of the Adamson clan. [ Zion keepers should have seen this story six weeks ago :( ]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #276542 by Pumpkingirl
I didn't watch all of it (as my favourite part is the reunion and I've watched that heaps) but it's such a beautiful story.

I was reading about how George Adamson warned them that Christian might not remember them, and then to see him bounding down that rock towards them, like a big baby. Bloody hell, tears in the eyes again..

More
15 years 1 month ago #276543 by eelcat
We too enjoyed it. I had read about them earlier - what a fantastic feat.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
15 years 1 month ago #276553 by Red Bandit
Yes, I've seen the reunion a few times now and it still gets me every time... Hard to believe that even the wild lioness's accept the two men and are affectionate towards them, it really is amazing.

More
15 years 1 month ago #276597 by Toast
Wonderful. What a great story and a great pair of men.

I do remember the death of Stanley & the shooting of Boy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds