From the strange but true file.......

More
15 years 1 month ago #18634 by ronnie
Spent an awesome day today with a fellow LSB member :D :D and it had been commented upon at some stage of the day as to my ability to recognise, and act upon, a sales opportunity, should one arise [;)]

Anyway, whilst entirely minding our own business on the way home tonight (in total darkness, I might add) we came across a vehicle on the side of the road, with its hazard lights flashing. Seems they were trying to load a crate onto a trailor, in the dark.
So, OH turned around and parked up behind them to shine some light on their dilema and offer them a helping hand. I won't go into the details of what had happened, other than they had done someone a good turn and it had turned to custard.
But after helping this lovely couple, in the dark - except for our headlights, imagine my surprise when the chap came back to our car. OH had sold him a pair of slippers and he had come over to give me the details [:0][:0][:0][:I] :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #276272 by Stu_R
:) good on ya ronnie :) ... see "Karma" or what ever its called does work :)
you guys did them a big favour :) you were repaid :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
15 years 1 month ago #276288 by sod
Guess have to grab the moment as they say LOL good on you for being helpful

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
15 years 1 month ago #276321 by ronnie
Yes, but in the SHORT space of time he was helping lift the crate, I fail to see how they got from "thanks for lending a hand, mate" to ordering a pair of slippers[:0]
Even I'm not usually that quick off the mark [;)]
But I'm not complaining :D :D

More
15 years 1 month ago #276375 by sod
HE HE some males are quick :) not just the female of the species but keep quiet until needed :D:D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #276523 by diggs
Why are they not advertised on this sites classifieds??

Kapiti

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds