Another Pukekohe Question

More
14 years 7 months ago #1851 by max2
Mum and Dad have received information on a seniors village just built recently in Pukekohe. It appears it has been up and running for about a year, yet there are lots of vacancies.

I am not sure whether or not I should mention it by name, however I assume those in the know in the area will know which one I mean.

I was hoping for some feedback as to the happiness of the residents and the overall conditions. Mum has asked the operators a couple of questions about whether they pay the district rates (ie franklin & En. Waikato) and she doesn't get any answers... the literature is not written by someone with a good knowledge of english grammar, and neither the village owners or solicitor operate out of the area, rather Auckland and Tauranga.

If you would prefer to email me privately, that would be respected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #65357 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Another Pukekohe Question
Swaggie - I'm fairly sure I know which you are talking about - planned to be a HUGE village but can't really help as I don't know anyone living there. I think of it as a fair distance from the Town Centre so maybe it is not attracting people for that reason - or they are just building more and more units meaning they are always becomming available.

If I can find anything out, I'll let you know. Email me with the name and I will do a drive through tomorrow when I am in town. Most retirement villages that I visited when looking for a place for my Mum would not give you that information unless you go there in person and appear quite keen. So many different types of ownership as well. Where do your parents live? NZ?

More
14 years 7 months ago #65430 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Another Pukekohe Question
Mum and Dad are over here 20 minutes up the road from us. As I am an only child with the only grandchild, they don't want to be left by themselves over here when we move, so they are looking at coming across too...

I will email you the name. That would be great for initial feedback, i promised them I would look next month when across the ditch for a break.

More
14 years 7 months ago #65470 by devan
Replied by devan on topic Another Pukekohe Question
There are a few rest homes in pukekohe. You might be better off waiting unti you get here so you can take your time sussing them out. Is that a feasable option for your parents or dothey need to go straight into a home? The one in Takanini is supposed to be very nice too

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

More
14 years 7 months ago #65499 by max2
I think its a case that they just don't want to be left behind Devan, rather than a "need" although they are now alienated from most of their neighbours (fencing issues that were not correctly handled, one neighbour wanted to charge them more for fencing than the local professionals, height issues etc etc), and are finding getting up and down in the garden a bit much. Also their garage is separated from the house so it makes difficult with trolleying the shopping.

But local word is also very good and better than parting with $380K to find out they have got it very wrong....

More
14 years 7 months ago #65564 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Another Pukekohe Question
E mailed you Swaggie on my visit to the Retirement Complex discussed.

More
14 years 7 months ago #65575 by max2
Didi, I just showed the significant other half your off line reply.

Usually I don't go into things that I discuss here because he isn't computer orientated..however he was blown away by your reply and the trouble that you went to in finding out what you did for us.

He was amazed that you would take the time and trouble that you did, and wanted to ensure that I sent it onto Mum and Dad for their viewing tomorrow when they have turned the computer back on (which I already had).

I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your "event' and how much it will make a difference to M & D's thinking. I would suggest we are going to have to revisit some other alternatives for them instead.

It was so kind hearted of you Didi, and I really appreciate what you have done and your time. many thanks!:):):)[8D]

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds