David Bain is Not Guilty

More
13 years 2 months ago #273525 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic David Bain is Not Guilty
I still can swing one way or the other but nowhere have I seen it suggested that perhaps the father killed the family and David came home and found him in the act and then struggled and killed his father. What do others think?

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Toni - Northland
13 years 2 months ago #273529 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic David Bain is Not Guilty
Makes sense Sue, that is one scenario I hadn't thought of.

More
13 years 2 months ago #273533 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic David Bain is Not Guilty
Being a general observer of the human race, I believe that he does not believe he killed his family. However, I also believe it's possible for the brain to block out the truth. There are several 'conditions' that show this - hypnosis, scitzophrenia (sp?), ability to block out pain, and denial in general.

I don't know whether he killed his family, but if he did, I believe it's possible he might have blocked the memory. He certainly appears to be credible in his belief of his innocence.

Either way, I very much doubt he's a risk to society, so I don't mind him being free.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
13 years 2 months ago #273537 by Seaside
Well, I don't know about that because it's the first I've heard. However, he's unlikely to murder his family again as they are gone, and that's what he was prosecuted for.

www.farmaway.co.nz

More
13 years 2 months ago #273545 by Seaside
Skol, if you look earlier in the thread there is mention of stuff that was withheld from the jury, published online via Stuff and the Herald and then withdrawn from those sites. Kate (our web godess) has been removing repeats of the information due to the possibilty of this website being sued for defamation.

I missed all that, of course, having spent the weekend at rugby, grocery shopping and trying to work out how to design food labels, but I guess that's why your post was deleted.

www.farmaway.co.nz

More
13 years 2 months ago #273547 by Skol
Replied by Skol on topic David Bain is Not Guilty
Well it's all out there now and anything published in the Herald (frontpage yesterday)isn't going to get LB sued.

Wait for the full 111 call-next week.

More
13 years 2 months ago #273551 by Skol

nervous;253756 wrote: Am I the only one here that thinks he is guilty?

Me too.

• Jack
13 years 2 months ago #273556 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic David Bain is Not Guilty
Gidday

Quote:-
"Yes, but Arthur Allan Thomas was cleared by a Royal Commission of Inquiry that found evidence against him was planted by police, and he was then given an official pardon. Hence he was proven innocent and compensated."

Thomas had had all the evidence including that about the socalled planting of some heard in his appeal but the Courts still found him guilty and he was let off under the direction of a polotician.

Bain, however, has been found not guilty so he must be considered to have not done it under the law despite the fact that evidence was suppressed from the jury and the public and the obvious display by at least two members of the jury that that were his supporters so that would have been grounds for an appeal. But after the millions of $$$$$$$$$$ spent the Police are not pressing that one.

But once again, under the law not guilty is the same as innocent even if we don't believe it.

More
13 years 2 months ago #273564 by The Kats Place
Me to Skol

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
13 years 2 months ago #273582 by Louimay
Replied by Louimay on topic David Bain is Not Guilty
Why is the full 111 call being released next week? What benefit is that? The case is over. They should leave DB and the jury alone.

I hope Joe Karam cares about him enough to recommend he leaves the country if he is able. He will never life a normal life here in NZ.

More
13 years 2 months ago #273584 by FencerMan
Replied by FencerMan on topic David Bain is Not Guilty
There are a couple of posts which I have just placed back into "moderation" (ie, they are essentially invisible) untill they get approved again, which I think is best if Kate does...So dont worry if you think your posts have randomly disapeared... :)

Do something.

Either lead, follow, or get out of the way.

'Ted Turner'

More
13 years 2 months ago #273585 by Skol
The suppressed evidence was supposed to be on the Sunday on TV1 tonite but been delayed for some reason.

More
13 years 2 months ago #273591 by kate
Replied by kate on topic David Bain is Not Guilty
Skol, you can say whether you think he is guilty or innocent but I don't think this is the right forum for a full on slanging match about it - nor do I want anything posted that I think may get me in trouble. You may not think they'll get me into trouble but it's not your livelihood your gambling with, it's mine [B)]

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 2 months ago #273599 by Skol
I haven't put anything here that's not already out there.

You have deleted material that was published on the front page of yesterday's Herald and that's censorship.
I will cease posting.

More
13 years 2 months ago #273600 by FencerMan
Replied by FencerMan on topic David Bain is Not Guilty
Skol...Ill be as polite as I can :) Im not sure if you are aware how this site is run, and who it is owned by....But in a nutshell...Kate. The point being that Kate is one of us, your average Joe Bloggs (no offence Kate, just a reference to make my point) who runs and owns this site, basically for 'enjoyment' lol.

This is a bit different from a large media corperation with lots of $$$ and lots of lawyers to get them out of the crap.

Maybe this may help you to realise why some posts need to be removed at times..

Do something.

Either lead, follow, or get out of the way.

'Ted Turner'

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds