Did you win a voucher to do your family photo?

More
13 years 1 month ago #18316 by Hestia
There was a competition at the super market.
Leave name and adress to be in to win a studio photo taken.
I had a letter in the mail, I was the lucky winner of a 450 dollar cheque to be used to get photo taken of my family.
I called them and they said: congratulation, let's book a date, if we come out to you we charge 95 dollars for that.
When I started to ask questions I did find out that he 450 only covered a visit and the sitting,,,,,to get ONE photo in a frame costed a couple of hundred extra. She babbeled hysterically fast about that he photo was good quality and would last 50-100 years.
If I got it right I would get a small photo in frame for 400 dollars.

I said no thank you and told I would not take them up on that offer.

Do they send this congrats you are a winner to everyone that entered the competition???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #271798 by DiDi
Yep! I have no idea how much a family sitting normally costs but this is exactly the format used by a local photographer to get customers.

In all fairness, having seen his work, it is brilliant and flattering to the participants but to be spending hundreds of dollars to get a family photograph has never been on my agenda. I'm happy with the ones I can take (or get taken) at a family get together and print on my home computer.

More
13 years 1 month ago #271799 by Kiwi303
Ours was for a free sitting and one framed 5"x8" photo, we showed up, he gave orders and pranced around and did the usual photographers stuff, and mum and dad ended up spending nearly a grand on pictures in addition to the free one.

Pretty common to get a free sitting and small cheap photo, their profit comes from all the other photos and frames they sell that you just can't resist.

In our case, there was more reason to get the family photos since dad was due to die in a few months from his cancer, so professional family portrait photos for posterity was a good idea.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 1 month ago #271824 by Birman Babe
Hey, you should turn up with your family ~ the 3 dogs ~ that'd give the
photographer a shock .... LOL

More
13 years 1 month ago #271856 by Hestia
I was going to do it with my "kids",,,studio were so overly ok with that and then started to tell about glam photos and it was more selling than me booking a time so I had to ask what extra costs were involved,,then I just had to say no thank you since the costs were so much more than what I did "win". Smart to do it as a competition,,just guess I got a bit disapointed when there was no win.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds