Manawatu residents ... prepare for bad weather weekend :(

More
14 years 11 months ago #18302 by Stu_R
Well we are starting to pick our Olives this weekend
So... all residents in Manawatu prepare for a wet, cold, dirty weather weekend :(
LOL its always turns to crap weather when we pick Olives,
lol and the bad news is :( .. be prepared for shitty weather for the next 3 weekends .. lol as thats how long it will take grove owner and myself to pick them.

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #271577 by oskatd
From what I remember of Manawatu weather (having spent 4 years at Massey) isn't that the norm? ;)
Good luck with the olive picking.... How long does it take for Olive trees to start producing?

More
14 years 11 months ago #271598 by The Kats Place
I wish we were closer I'd love to see it done and have a go. So you won't be up for fieldays then?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 11 months ago #271604 by Stu_R
:( TKP nope won't be up for field days :( :(
um picking is easy ... just takes time .... specially when you have over 1,100 trees
It"s slow going, and not good working daylight till dark in cold wet shitty weather :(
need 100kg of Olives per press , and they charge $1 per kg to press them
Olives weigh bugger all ... so takes lots to make 100kg

This 3 day weekend is the Leccino's , and by the looks of it the spannish Pequal's will have to be done to... thats about 400 trees total :(

:( and always ... weather turns to crap for Olive Picking ... so Manawatu people can expect 3 shitty weekends in a row :(

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :

More
14 years 11 months ago #271606 by Stu_R
:) the good side is :) .. i get free hot lunches, and dinners :)

More
14 years 11 months ago #271609 by Stu_R
:) oskatd ... used to be yep ... lol now as the climates have shifted ... we get more of the "old Auckland weather" as it used to be 5-10 years a go :)

More
14 years 11 months ago #271823 by NZ Appaloosas

Stu_R;251707 wrote: Well we are starting to pick our Olives this weekend
So... all residents in Manawatu prepare for a wet, cold, dirty weather weekend :(
LOL its always turns to crap weather when we pick Olives,
lol and the bad news is :( .. be prepared for shitty weather for the next 3 weekends .. lol as thats how long it will take grove owner and myself to pick them.

Wanna keep it up there then, so we don't get it down here, please! [:0] [;)]

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds