A big thankyou is owed - to Spoook

More
13 years 1 month ago #18251 by max2
As you may recall in October 2007 our NZ farm house burned down due to 2 separate fires in the recently serviced electrical box....:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: we were living in Aussie at the time with the house tenanted and the whole thing was utter shock, starting from the 6.00am call from the local police looking for Hubby (what the h..k, he has just left for work in Aussie, what could he HAVE possibly done from 2,300 klms away?) and they are treating it as arson with potential bodies being looked for when the temps have died down.... all cars are at home.

Nothing could prepare us for what would eventuate...... and we will be appearing in future court hearings on behalf of the insurer.

most of you may recall the dramas associated with the claim, the awarding of the rebuild, the sacking of the incompetent handyman idiot who wouldn't fix his work but who won the tender with an underpriced submission, the following rectification work that has been ongoing, as well as the continual (up to late January 09) haggling with the insurance company to get the matter settled whilst we poured thousands into the mortgage, whilst maintaining a mortgage elsewhere to house us.

one person came through for us here in NZ like no other person did, not a friend, not family, not someone known personally to us, but Spoook.

she is well known to you here, and although I won't detail how she has helped us as she might not want it broadcast, her help has been enormous to us and when eventually we reached settlement with the insurance company, we were able to go full steam ahead with things with Spoook's assistance.

The end result is nearly beautiful (only nearly because it is still unfinished but its our choice to move in and some things cannot be fixed properly unless the house was pulled down and started again).

I just wanted you all to know of my deepest heartfelt thanks to Spoook for her help in getting us to where we are today. I only hope that somehow the association has in some way been mutually beneficial at some point, and if not, then major brownie points are owed by me. big time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #270890 by Cate
Its nice to know that the LSB family are there when you need them, Spook is just one of the great extended family we grow to not only know and love but to call on in times of need. :D [^]

Cate

More
13 years 1 month ago #270902 by spoook
Aaaawww [:I][:I][:I] thanks.
No, I did not personally benefit in any way,.......... wait yes I did, I paid it forward (again [;)]) ....... I did something for someone not expecting any reward in return...... I got a warm fuzzy buzz..... and I like warm fuzzy buzzes [:X]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 1 month ago #270911 by Pumpkingirl
Spoook is an astonishingly generous and kind-hearted woman and should be highly praised on a regular basis for her marvellous good deeds.

I'd probably put in a word for her fabulous support staff too :D , they're pretty good too :D

More
13 years 1 month ago #270923 by spoook
PG you did it again.......... made me cry [:I]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 1 month ago #270930 by beedee
YUP Spooook and lets name him since he isn't just a part but a partner.. Len , have done some amazing things for many of us here.. and the word thank you never seems to be a good word.. so one can only pay it forward to the next recipient.. to keep her goodness rolling

More
13 years 1 month ago #270937 by kate

Pumpkingirl;250988 wrote: Spoook is an astonishingly generous and kind-hearted woman and should be highly praised on a regular basis for her marvellous good deeds.

I'd probably put in a word for her fabulous support staff too :D , they're pretty good too :D

I couldn't have put it better myself [8D][8D] I owe her soooo much it will take a lifetime to repay...

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 1 month ago #270945 by Pumpkingirl

beedee;251009 wrote: YUP Spooook and lets name him since he isn't just a part but a partner.. Len , have done some amazing things for many of us here..

Yes, young Len :D and I was also thinking of her mental support staff... Fraggle, Suki, parrots, cockateils, budgies, ducks, the goats over there, the other goats over there, and the goats down there... :D

More
13 years 1 month ago #271007 by Dream Weaver
Spoook is our LSB Angel. :) :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #271018 by sundaysbest

smilie;251090 wrote: Spoook is our LSB Angel. :) :)

Seconded! [:X]

More
13 years 1 month ago #271033 by beedee
WE knew that she was an angel at the very first xmas meeting and she waffed around in that long dress with hair down, not looking like a true LSBer at all.. it was obvious that her feet never touch the pasture when she did the farm work.. that was back 2004-5 me thinks

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds