What would you do? Westpac's mistake

More
14 years 10 months ago #270723 by max2
Depends on your circumstances, if you were terminally ill or had enough of ''where you are at'' with life, had lost everything in a divorce settlement or were going broke anyhow, you could have one heck of a good time leading them about the world on a merry chase.... and lots of countries don't have agreements with others, so you could move quite freely for a long time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #270726 by moonshiner
Withdraw as much as I could, head to UK, false passports then go wild in Europe

Call it theft? I call the obscene profits banks make from their customers theft, time to even the score

~

The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen. ~Tommy Smothers

More
14 years 10 months ago #270728 by tomd

LongRidge;250701 wrote: This was stealing, plain and simple.

Those mongrel dogs have been stealing from the people for years!! They export billions of NZ$s off shore in profits.

If I knew those two who had the stash....I'd be saying....nice knowing you....now go and have some fun, run forest run!

10 million to the banks is nothing.

More
14 years 10 months ago #270729 by sundaysbest
I've gotta admit I'm with Devan... hahaha
A spare 10K would go far round here :) (stables!)

More
14 years 10 months ago #270731 by Stu_R
lol 10K ???? hell a spare $100.00 would be christmas to me
Right at the moment $23 bottom division in lotto would be a godsend :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

• Jack
14 years 10 months ago #270747 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic What would you do? Westpac's mistake
Gidday

I'd spend it all on bonus bonds and delay paying it back as long as possible hoping in the meantime I'd have a win.

More
14 years 10 months ago #270772 by betenoir
I'd stick it all in a high interest account and wait for them to come looking for it. The Interest earned would be my 'fee' for looking after their money :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

More
14 years 10 months ago #270852 by Valmai
I've worked in banks so know that it is legally not mine so I'd give it back. But I would sure try to get a 'fee' or 'reward' out of them.

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
14 years 10 months ago #270865 by reggit

organicltd;250722 wrote: Actually, looking at it with common sense, they haven't committed any offence. They are borrowing the money from westpac. They asked for a loan, the money was advanced, and they removed it to pay for something. :D

yeah, but imagine the interest that you'd owe after even a few days! [:0][}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 10 months ago #270870 by max2
The news says tonight they only got $4m of it, and he has property worth $1.9m.... I would think perhaps it was highly mortgaged for him to make the decision to jump .....

More
14 years 10 months ago #271168 by devan
The thing is.... they are going to get caught, and even if they dont they have pretty much lost everything here and wont be able to return, so better to just pilfer a little smidgeon of it that you can prob get to keep and give the rest back i reckon. I wouldn't want to leave my place and hide forever but i sure could use 10k around the place [;)] :D might even be able to afford a new pair of jeans or something now that the horses all have new covers [:0]

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

More
14 years 10 months ago #271181 by max2
There is no way a bank would let you keep any of it....

If I didn't have close family, my own property (although mortgaged), pets, and the ''things'' that make a life happy, I would certainly consider taking off for europe for one of the very pleasant havens.

However this doesn't mean I would do it to anyone, I recently handed in a few hundred I found on the ground at the local ATM. They were able to trace the previous user who dropped it out of his wallet when he was putting his card back in..... AND they were surprised at my honesty. :) [;)]

More
14 years 10 months ago #271193 by moggy
I would keep quiet about it, let them work out their mistake, but leave it in the bank account as long as possible to earn interest.

Sometimes banks do cock up in you favour and never work out. I wrote a checque tot he inlawa to help with their flights out here. The cashed it but the money never left my account.
Also when changing banks, ASB made yet another major mistake and closed the accounts rather than leaving them open for a month so we could make sure verything was sawpped over. My paycheck bounced which is how I found out about it, but also the cheque I wrote out for IRD was casehd by the IRD but by which time the bank account was closed, so the money never came out of my account.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds