More computer help please!

More
13 years 1 month ago #18191 by AdoubleJ
OK - have managed to add Skype onto my computer but it said that I should add Windows Live Messenger as well (?) Got the cam thing on and did the test - the speakers work but it very badly fails the microphone test!!! Non existent noise!
When I go to log into Windows live it tells me that password is wrong, to reset it.So............. reset password then go to login again and it says wrong password!!!! I am getting so peed off with this bloody thing!! My computer is slow at the best of times and it has taken me about 5 hours all up to get this far!!!

HELP!!!!![:(!] :( [:I] :o [:(!] [:(!]

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #270136 by ame
Replied by ame on topic More computer help please!
Interesting. Skype essentially does the same thing as Windows Live Messenger (WLM). There is no need to install WLM. Since you don't need WLM you can ignore the password problem and focus on Skype.

If you *want* WLM then that's different...

Meanwhile, to get the mic. working I recommend you trawl the forums and search for yourself. It will be faster than asking here as you know what you have already tried.

Skype has a helpful troubleshooting guide. There seems to be two versions, both of which are mentioned here:

www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/index.cfm?act...did=311726&forumid=1

Perhaps one of them is most appropriate for your situation.

A

More
13 years 1 month ago #270139 by AdoubleJ
Replied by AdoubleJ on topic More computer help please!
So I can uninstall WLM? All it is doing is taking up space? Thanks for your help! :D

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

More
13 years 1 month ago #270176 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic More computer help please!
I had a problem when i first tried to put a mic on one of my computers .. wouldnt work
Discovered that in settings that the tick was not in the box to enable microphone

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

• maggies mum
13 years 1 month ago #270194 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic More computer help please!
If all else fails I got me sledgehammer ready!! :D:D:D

More
13 years 1 month ago #270196 by Birman Babe
I dont have WLM and my Skype runs well .... we have all our Birman Club meetings via Skype (saves me a trip to Auckland).

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds