Absolutely essential items for this time of year

More
14 years 9 months ago #18090 by Anne
I have a couple (or more) of head mounted LED lamps from the Dooar Shop. They are brilliant for this time of year. I end up feeding in the dark and doing all sorts of things. The lamp becomes an attachment!!

I also have a "cap light" - designed to be attached to a cap peak. I attach it to the peak on my riding helmet and can ride when its dark. I don't have to go on roads - which helps, but I can still see where I am going when I am out at 7:00 pm at night.

What else do you all have - cheap things that make life soooo much easier?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #268647 by sundaysbest
I have those too - spoook got me onto the led lights/head lamps - brilliant things!
I also have 2 pairs of gumboots to alternate as they taking a hiding in winter!
And my fave - a padded vest - doesn't restrict your movement as much as a big jacket, and keeps you warm as toast!
Sundays

More
14 years 9 months ago #268653 by reggit
Thermal tops for under T-shirts - one for each day of the week [;)] wouldn't be without them.

And waterproof trousers.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 9 months ago #268702 by Seaside
It's a bit 1980s, but I find fingerless gloves allow me to do fiddly outside jobs without taking my gloves off.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
14 years 9 months ago #268734 by sundaysbest
Seaside, I totally agree with you.... along with slouch socks!!! :) tee hee
Sundays
PS... I do own fingerless gloves who often appear during winter months :)

More
14 years 9 months ago #268757 by The Kats Place
Beanies, lots of Beanies cause they are always getting wet, but my hair doesn't.
Had one of those LCD lights for some years now, they are great, as are the padded vests. Proper wool gumboot sox are a must, the kind that doesn't slip down.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 9 months ago #268760 by DiDi
Quad bike and thermal singlets!

More
14 years 9 months ago #268775 by terralee
A very good rain coat ....oh and I had to invest in some over pants thingies when I went milking last year ...dam expensive they were and I would never have bought them just for here BUT I don't know how I lived without them ...can kneeled down in mud (lambing etc) walk in pouring rain without getting soaked from where raincoat ends, ride the bike ...oh the list goes on etc etc ...good things ...I had to get the expensive *quiet, soft* ones so as not to scare the cows tho"!!!!:)
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
14 years 9 months ago #268787 by max2
Trakkie daks and long boots. the quad bike for pulling out stuck cars, and my swannie, goes to the farm and to work.

More
14 years 9 months ago #268792 by diggs
Nothin like a decent cuddle

Kapiti

More
14 years 9 months ago #268794 by Toast
Terralee - o/pants - what brand, how much & where to buy? Thanks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

More
14 years 9 months ago #268796 by hilldweller
Overalls, just the standard cotton (?) ones. If they made them with waterproof knee patches that would be even better :)

hilldweller

More
14 years 9 months ago #268799 by devan
One of them rechargable torches.....just a normal hand held one, sooooo much easier than needing a torch and the bloody batteries are flat. Last year i put a floodlight out by the barn that lights up the whole area where i feed calves/horses/pigs etc. worth its weight in gold!

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

More
14 years 9 months ago #268809 by Xartep
Swanndri - absolutely, had wood delivered in the pouring down last year, was soaked to the skin in minutes wearing my best raincoat, changed into my Swanee and was "sweet as" until the wood was all away in the shed. It was sodden, but I was dry and warm. Fleeces don't even come close when its wet.
Duz it all - leather conditioner, for our shoes and stockman coats, waterproofs everthing a treat (just discovered this so will see about the coat :) )
Little headlights are great, esp when you get home late and still have to feed out, I have found that the one with 12 LEDs works best tho.
Light weight Merino's for under everything, we are lucky enough to live near the factory that makes the ones for Glassons so we get the seconds and end of lines. Hopefully the LWR failure won't put them out of business.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
14 years 9 months ago #268848 by Andrea1
Ear muffs over the cap. I wish I could find something suitable for my big head that would cover both necessities: keeping ears warm and keeping sun out of eyes. The winter sun, while lovely, comes with quite a glare in the afternoons.

Andrea
Oxford

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds