My stallion's first foal - All grown up!

More
13 years 1 month ago #18072 by Louise W
I had the greatest pleasure in seeing the very first foal I bred by my boy Hamish last week. He's six years old now and I want to show him off because I think he looks absolutely fabulous! So, without further ado, meet TF Malteser :D

It is very rewarding, as a breeder, especially when you find yourself faced with many challenges along the road, to see your homebred horses going so well. So, I just wanted to share :)

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #268325 by stacey
Far out....Well done! Gorgeous :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #268328 by Prim
He's stunning! Well done, you.

More
13 years 1 month ago #268330 by oskatd
Wow! Don't you wish grey horses stayed that colour! He's great, Lou! And clipped out, is he a hunter? How tall?

More
13 years 1 month ago #268336 by terralee
SUPER DUPER Lou :)........ he looks absolutely fantastic:):):) How old is he and what is he headed for???? There is so much pleasure to be had breeding for exactly this ....makes some of the pain suffered on the road worthwhile :):):)
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
13 years 1 month ago #268338 by sundaysbest
Details please.. what is the plan for that lovely lovely boy!!!???
Beaut, absolutely beaut! Lou, you should be SO proud!!
Sundays :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #268354 by Louise W
Thank you lovely people!

He's 6 and Kim has done a lot of dressage schooling with him and he's been jumping a bit too - he has had a couple of outings and a couple of wins in dressage, jumping and on the flat - he has also won an ODE and Kim has been approached by at least one Show Hunter judge who would LOVE to buy him. When I went to see him he had only been back in work a couple of weeks. I hope to pop back soon and get some photos of him jumping :)

Kim is in her last year of nursing studies so time and money are very tight and she is not able to do as much with him as she would like. They make a lovely pair and I would love to see them stay together for many years but I think Kim is facing some tough decisions at the moment regarding their future together :(

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
13 years 1 month ago #268356 by judes
He looks awesome! Very well done to both you and Kim.

Jude
Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.

More
13 years 1 month ago #268363 by AdoubleJ
Oh he is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! [:0] :D I have always had a soft spot and a great love of greys! :D

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

More
13 years 1 month ago #268375 by eelcat
I'm not really a horsey person but he is beautiful

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
13 years 1 month ago #268379 by 3 horses
Congrats he is a credit to you and the type of horse alot of people are looking for, and can't find on the market, a fantastic allrounder.

More
13 years 1 month ago #268399 by drifter
He is lovely :D

Strange how much you've got to know, Before you know how little you know.

More
13 years 1 month ago #268421 by devan
Oh Lou he is gorgeous! I really hope that thats how my 2 yr old will turn out, they are the same colour and similar build, He's 1/2 clyde aye? she is too and i was quite surprised that she wasn't as heavy boned as i thought she would be. She has more of the clydey boffy head though...his is much prettier :D

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

More
13 years 1 month ago #268440 by Louise W
Nope, no clydie in this guy - He's 1/4 TB, 1/4 Arab, 1/4 Irish and 1/4 Stationbred (Hamish's stationbred sire had more than a dash of Arab in his makeup). He's by Hamish who is my little guy (14.3HH) out of my Kingsway Diamond mare :)

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
13 years 1 month ago #268443 by devan
Ahhhh well that does explain why he's not that heavy boned then! Gosh he is stunning tho, love his neck

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds