i am so P***D off right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More
15 years 1 week ago #267882 by Stu_R
lol Didi well i am trhe eldest .. and yes brother and sister , then the younger by 13 years sister .. all had a hell of an easy ride
geez what i wasn't allowed to do at 14, they were allowed to do at 10 :(

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #267883 by GloPony
Well granted it's a long while since I was in school but we weren't allowed to wear make up either. Sorry but a 14 year old?! She's a child! She'll have plenty of time for grown up stuff like make up when she's older.

School is for learning, it's not a fashion parade (as my mother used to tell me in the '80's). Although I'm sure if schools spent as much time worrying about educating kids as they do, what they're wearing, they'd be turning out genius'!

It sounds like the school has always had this rule? Why then are you upset that they have taken a zero tolerance? I'd be more upset that my kids had been flouting the rules all this time. Personally, I don't think it's a very good example you're setting with your reaction.

When they join the workforce, there will be rules about dress standards too. Best they get used to it now!

More
15 years 1 week ago #267884 by FencerMan
I know my youngest brother (four of us, im the eldest) certainly had it alot sweeter than i did! I wasnt even allowed a part time job when i was 15 as it "would intefere with my school cert study"

Youngest brother had no rules like that what so ever lol, nevermind!

As for the makeup, it must be my liberal side coming out because i dont agree it.

As for the comments "rules are rules", well thats a load of crap too. Rules are rules, but ridiculas ones SHOULD be fought against and stopped! In NZ we have a bad habbit of not grouping up together and stopping stupid rules being forced against us, usually driven by a minority group with a loud mouth.

Do something.

Either lead, follow, or get out of the way.

'Ted Turner'

More
15 years 1 week ago #267887 by Stu_R
:) fencerman... like the anti-smacking law .... hell i was brought up on a farm up your way
We got our bum smacked if we did it wrong ... never hit round head or anything, but bum smacked
Yes by 8 years of age .. mother coudld threaten all she liked ( cause you knew it ddint hurt that much lol ) but mention the oldman .. geez you knew that was going to sting
It never did any of us kids any harm :)
Now days .. PC rules .. and shit when you work for a school , and see what the 6 year olds have the balls to say to teachers ( and the teachers can legaly do nothing about it)... to me in basic Kiwi terms ... "they can shove PC where the sun doesn't shine"

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :

More
15 years 1 week ago #267888 by reggit

FencerMan;247596 wrote: As for the comments "rules are rules", well thats a load of crap too. Rules are rules, but ridiculas ones SHOULD be fought against and stopped! In NZ we have a bad habbit of not grouping up together and stopping stupid rules being forced against us, usually driven by a minority group with a loud mouth.

You can chose where to send your kids, so send them somewhere with rules you agree with [;)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 1 week ago #267889 by Stu_R
really tigger ? i work at a school , and i know that these days , no rule is enforceable
Kids can do what they want, swear when they want ...call teachers what they want
and the teachers can do nothing about it legaly

More
15 years 1 week ago #267891 by reggit
If that's so, StuR, then why are Westerman's kids in detention then? :rolleyes:

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 1 week ago #267894 by stacey

Stu_R;247601 wrote: It never did any of us kids any harm :)

Lol. Love this quote. So entertaining! You can apply it to any opinion and it is automatically justified! See watch:

"I was smacked as a child - never did me any harm!"

"I was given time-out as a child - never did me any harm"

"I was beat up with a piece of four by two as a child - never did me any harm!"

"I wasn't allowed to wear make up to school - never did me any harm!"

"I was allowed to wear make up to school - never did me any harm!"

I could go on and on if you like :) It could become the new acronym that everybody uses! NDMAH!

More
15 years 1 week ago #267895 by MikeCollett
rules are rules? i thought this was meant to be a free country. who do they think they are setting rules like this for others. if safety issues were involved, then ok talk and consider, but if it is something silly like this, tell them to go to hell. this is pure vindictive control. resist it. get up the board of directors in a big way, on the phone, right now.

I don't mind fishing in the rain, fish are already wet...

More
15 years 1 week ago #267901 by sundaysbest

stacey;247610 wrote: Lol. Love this quote.

I could go on and on if you like :) It could become the new acronym that everybody uses! NDMAH!

Stacey, and I thought I was young.. hahaha NDMAH! tooooo funny.

More
15 years 1 week ago #267903 by reggit

MikeCollett;247612 wrote: who do they think they are setting rules like this for others. if safety issues were involved, then ok talk and consider, but if it is something silly like this, tell them to go to hell. this is pure vindictive control. resist it. get up the board of directors in a big way, on the phone, right now.

Umm...they are the board of trustees for the school, who decide on the rules (or continue existing rules) based on what parents in the past have presumably indicated they want for their kids - based again presumably on the fact that every parent concerned hasn't raised merry hell and/or removed their child from the school forthwith.

If you think it is a silly rule then yes, approach the board of trustees, raise the issue and see if you get enough support from parents to get it changed.

But I would suggest that if it hasn't been an issue already and the rules have been there for a while the majority of parents don't see it as a problem...but hey, you can always give it a go and see what happens :rolleyes:

So...Mike...what are your feelings on workplaces that have dress standards that their employees are required to adhere to? [:I]

More
15 years 1 week ago #267907 by max2
Haven't read all the posts but E's school has been warning for ages that various hair colours, excessive jewellery apart from stud/sleepers 1 in each ear, and mobile phones are not acceptable and must be handed in to the office. Plus the enforcement of wearing of full school uniform.

this year they implemented the rules. and the Senior school ''rooster'' with mo hawk no longer appears, although there are a few dye jobs still going, at least in one colour now.

to my mind, by that age it must be learned that there is a way to present yourself and its not about the individual wants.

I am happy that E's school followed through with their rules, because if they don't, where does it start or end? Our school made it clear, school diary, school newsletters etc. hopefully other schools are equally informative.....

More
15 years 1 week ago #267908 by Stu_R
:) stacey ... well i meant what i said .. and sorry but no " greeny political party" is going to tell me how to raise my animals or my kids
or taking it to the ridiculous side ... do we have to have "PC" permission to drench or do our animals feet ?
Maybe ridiculous, but sorry PC is trying to tell every one what they can and can not do
oh yeah .. i forgot i am " the wrong colour" that point was born out loud and clear and big time in W&I office a long time a go

More
15 years 1 week ago #267913 by sod
We agree with school they are teaching for later life Rules are Rules too much we have people who just do their own thing and want them changed to suite them, let them off with a little then more and more till no rule.No rules = chaos. as for early detention thats just to save teachers doing it after school

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
15 years 1 week ago #267917 by FencerMan
The thing in this instance though, and i welcome people to challange me on this, is that makeup is acceptable in all other parts of society, including, (and possibly especially), in the workplace. Brightly coloured hair, visible tattoos, and excessive piercings however are not.

Is the point of highschool to both educate academically, and to some point prepare students for the workforce? If not then alot of teachers lied to me...

And wether we want to admit it or not, cosmetics play a huge part in alot of peoples lives, and is a part of the workforce....

Do something.

Either lead, follow, or get out of the way.

'Ted Turner'

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds