Credibility

More
13 years 1 month ago #18011 by Ronney
Credibility was created by Ronney
Sometimes I've just got to take the piss out of myself - and hope that somebody else gets a giggle[^]

Two weeks ago I went and did the grocery shopping. Strolled up and down the aisles, back tracked a couple of time because I'd forgotten something, and was eventually politely tapped on the shoulder by a member of staff. My packet of cat biscuits had a hole in it and I had wandered all over Pak 'n Save leaving a trail of biscuits behind me. They were in every aisle and sometimes spread right across if it happened to have been one I'd back tracked down.:o

Last week I trotted off to the blue bank with a green cheque which respresented the grand earnings from my wool. I knew the teller so presented the cheque and asked if she would please cash it. She said no! My immediate thought was that this wool broker must have a terrible name if she could say no straight away - then I look up at her. She was smileing and suggested that if she worked at the National Bank she would have no problem cashing it. I was in the BNZ:o

Then there were the sheep. I had it firmly fixed in my head that I had sent away 24 lambs and 4 ewes. The kill sheets arrived yesterday showing that I had been paid for 20 lambs and 8 ewes. Not right says I and get on the phone to the stock agent who wasn't really interested and suggested that some of the lambs may have cut their teeth in which case they would go through as mutton. I pondered this and doubted it very much and in a conversation with Isla this morning, she confirmed my thoughts that it would be high unlikely that 8 month old lambs would have cut their teeth. So I stewed about this feeling very hard done by and mentally started to write an email to Silver Fern. I checked my dairy to see when lambing had started last year and the very oldest of them wouldn't have been 8 months. Then I checked the ASD form, which I should have done in the beginning, and cringed. I had sent away 20 lambs and 7 ewes :p . Thank God I didn't get to make a song and dance about it because I would have had egg all over my face big time.:o
(I do know where my confusion came from in respect of the lambs - 24 had been marked at suitable to go but I held 4 back but can't work out what I was thinking of with the ewes because all the numbers tally with what I had and what I've got left. I couldn't even fill the ASD form in properly:confused:)

To top it off this evening I threw pepper everywhere. Our salt and pepper shakers are the same with the S and P outlined in the holes. I decided to check how much salt was in the salt shaker, picked it up and gave it a vigourous shake. It happened to be the pepper shaker which was full to the brim and I threw pepper all over my hair, face, bench and floor and spent the next 20 minutes sneezeing.:o

Cheers,
Ronnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #267460 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Credibility
lol lol :) ronney ... we all have times like that i reckon :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #267461 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Credibility
Love the supermarket tale :D :D Just the sort of thing I would do [:I]

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 1 month ago #267474 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Credibility
I hope they didn't charge you for the cat bikkies. thats the sort of day when your just go back to bed and pull the covers up over your head and stay there!

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
13 years 1 month ago #267477 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Credibility
Yep you sure are not alone Ronney:):):)
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

• maggies mum
13 years 1 month ago #267480 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Credibility
Aye! Definately losin' it woman!!! :D:D:D

• Toni - Northland
13 years 1 month ago #267482 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Credibility
I did the bank thing a couple of weeks ago too. Should have been the bank at the other end of the town.[:I][:I][:I]

More
13 years 1 month ago #267491 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Credibility
So glad to know Im not alone.... so far havent got the banks muddled tho, so obviously you guys have just far to much money ;)

More
13 years 1 month ago #267492 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Credibility
it's not just you.......silver fern banked someone elses money in my bank account last week....sent me their invoice and all! And at one stage one of the meat companies was sending replica cheques of what they had deposited.....I mailed in the cheque to be banked!!!!!!!! Almost a police offence apparently...well I didn't know! [:I] They stopped that practice at some stage.....I was probably not the only dummy. :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #267520 by Valmai
Replied by Valmai on topic Credibility
So you don't really want to hear about the time I went to work (back in my office days) wearing two different coloured shoes?

Carbon-based biological unit.

• maggies mum
13 years 1 month ago #267522 by maggies mum
I went to school once in me slippers!(Pre Possum slipper years!)

Also got all the way to school wiv no knickers on (pre red bloomers years)

At a toll bridge I chucked me only coins into the bucket and missed, had to scramble around on the floor looking for them while a tailback started behind me

More recently went to a 21st, all dolled up, and when we got there the place was in darkness and not a soul about, made BD look again at the invite and we had missed the party by 2 days!!

Had to stop one night on the M1, cos I was dying for a pee...ran up the bank and hid behind a bush....what I forgot about was the traffis coming from the other direction and lighting up me arse like a full moon with theri headlights!

One time at a nightclub, back in me yoof and hot! I came tottering out of the loos and slinked past a group hot young males when one handsome chap said..
'excuse me darlin...'

'Yeeees' said I fluttering me eyelashes

'You got summat on yer shoe luv..'

I looked down and saw I'd got about 25 foot of loo roll stuck to me heel!!!!!!

It didn't help that when I bent down to pull it off that I missed the hand rail on the small flight of stairs and fell arse over tit to the bottom, landing wiv me feet in the air and flashing me drawers (still pre red bloomer years).......with the loo roll firmly attached to me heel!!!!

Anyway I think thats more than enuf of that kind of thing!!!! :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #267523 by Stu_R
:) lmao .. am sure the group of hot young males had no objections at all :)
:) probably where you met your oh :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :

• maggies mum
13 years 1 month ago #267524 by maggies mum
Ah no I met him at a fancy dress party...I was a hula hula girl!! ;)

More
13 years 1 month ago #267525 by Stu_R
:) lol interesting ... i didnt know hula hula girls wore red bloomers :)

• maggies mum
13 years 1 month ago #267526 by maggies mum
I didn't back then, but they may have been red and lacy!! ;-)

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds