The Battle of the Bulge!

More
14 years 6 months ago #302593 by The Kats Place
blindfold?
Stayed the same this week - bugga

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #302615 by ruralkeeper
You place the blindfold over your eyes and then eat your meal (once you've sused where your mouth is and poked yourself up the nose etc). Thereby shifting your awareness to how full your stomach feels.

More
14 years 6 months ago #302987 by hilldweller
I'm thinking placing said blindfold over ones mouth might be more effective LOL.

I've gained a couple of kilos, upped the exercise, hopefully gained a bit of muscle. Maintaining weight is harder than losing it, I've decided, because I don't know what I can and can't eat.

Kate - surely you could use the rowing machine to generate electricity?

hilldweller

More
14 years 6 months ago #305134 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic The Battle of the Bulge!

GrantK;285207 wrote: When we went on our Round-the-World trip recently, I got a bit rotund. For the first time in my life, my gut was starting to hang out above my belt, and it was difficult to get into my favourite jeans.

Stepping on the scales told the story: 80.3kg vs. 73kg I had been before the trip [:I]

UPDATE: My weight is now down to 75.25kg which means that I have lost over 5kg!!!

Feeling pretty good about that with just over 2kg to go [^]

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
14 years 6 months ago #305141 by kate
Replied by kate on topic The Battle of the Bulge!
Well done...despite the rowing machine, I'm not losing weight :(

Web Goddess

More
14 years 5 months ago #309114 by The Kats Place
I'm gobsmaked to have lost 700 grams last week and 500 this week with all the christmas thingies I've been attending I would not have been to surprised by a gain. I am however making the most of the nice weather we have had and been working outside a lot, maybe thats helping.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 5 months ago #309124 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic The Battle of the Bulge!
:) good on ya TKP :) well done girl
yeah i to think the outdoors work helps, lol but i am one of those people that starts something, goes hard till its finished , and dont stop for silly things like lunch or smoko lol

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #314283 by The Kats Place
christams is over and 2.6 of what I lost had found me again. I started back at WW last week after 4 weeks off. I am happy to report a 1.4 loss this week, I also bought myself a home gym as a birthday gift to me. problem being its in about 100 bits and hubby is working 12 hour days at present so can't put it together for me and I'm no good at that sort of thing. The dog is getting a lot of exercise in the evenings when its cooler.

kats

More
14 years 4 months ago #315388 by Westie
Replied by Westie on topic The Battle of the Bulge!
And here I was thinking I was the only one who lost weight over Christmas* well done to those who did manage it.;) That time of year seems to be rife with people trying to stuff rubbish food in your face.

*Accidental weight loss, my bike broke down on the way to my big Christmas dinner, pushed it 1.2km in the baking sun in full leathers, my boots were squeltching and my pants were loose by the end and I missed getting any food all day. I recommend old Italian motorcycles to anyone considering weight loss...

What's that I just stepped in?

More
14 years 2 months ago #321246 by ruralkeeper
Broken ankle - wondering how much it will affect my weight. People say you should of course carefully watch your intake at such times. Quite right. I am carefully watching it, watching it increase. What can you do. Using dumbells is not doing much! Though using crutches feels like good exercise. Moving from the waiting room at the hospital to the room they removed my caste in was like running a marathon. They had to leave me to recover for 10 minutes.

More
14 years 2 months ago #321260 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic The Battle of the Bulge!

ruralkeeper;306931 wrote: Broken ankle - wondering how much it will affect my weight. People say you should of course carefully watch your intake at such times. Quite right. I am carefully watching it, watching it increase. What can you do. Using dumbells is not doing much! Though using crutches feels like good exercise. Moving from the waiting room at the hospital to the room they removed my caste in was like running a marathon. They had to leave me to recover for 10 minutes.

Using your large muscles is key - ie upper thigh and butt :D Hard to do without an ankle, might be worth a visit to a PT or Pilates class to get some tips. Your Physio should also be able to help. Cut your processed carbs also.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
14 years 2 months ago #321420 by ruralkeeper
That would be the cake well-meaning visitors brought yesterday then![;)]

More
14 years 2 months ago #321433 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic The Battle of the Bulge!

ruralkeeper;307119 wrote: That would be the cake well-meaning visitors brought yesterday then![;)]

[:0][:0][:0][:0] :( [;)]

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
14 years 2 months ago #322395 by Inger
Replied by Inger on topic The Battle of the Bulge!
I presume everyone knows that doing lots of exercise increases your muscle mass? And you know that muscles weigh more than fat, don't you? So, if you plateau at some point, it's likely to be your muscle mass overtaking your fat loss. So don't worry about it. Its more a case of working out where your weight is shifting from and going to that counts. My arm muscles and leg muscles have increased greatly since we bought the farm. Thankfully my back muscles are stronger now as well. I've given up worrying about my sagging stomach. After having twins as big as mine, I'm guessing that only plastic surgery could fix that area of my body and that's not financially feasable.

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa. Registered Dexter cattle, Wiltshire sheep - black, white & pied.
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry. Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
A cat called Pusscat and still looking for another heading dog.

More
14 years 2 months ago #322404 by The Kats Place
grovelling big time at present. My intentions are always good but the outcome often isn't. I need to get a grip!

kats

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds