The Battle of the Bulge!

More
14 years 8 months ago #294311 by sundaysbest
ooooOOOOoo last post on 29th August. What's going on everyone!!
I am down a KG and doing WW points again... !!!
I need to up my exercise but I just canna be arrsed!
Sundays

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #294507 by hilldweller
Good time of year to be doing more exercise Sundays. :)

I'm still here and in fact as of last week, I am officially perfect![:0] :D Well OK that may be a teensy wee exaggeration LOL, but my bodyfat % is now within the range it should be. I've always focused on weight (stones or kgs) but trying to build muscle so need to re-train the braincells to think in terms of bodyfat 'cos weight gain is OK if it's muscle and weight loss is not good if it's muscle.

hilldweller

More
14 years 8 months ago #295567 by The Kats Place
I know, I fell of the wagon a bit with so much going one here at present. Started again on tuesday and this week is going really well, back on WW points. Hubby has offered a lovely treat when i reach the next milestone and I'm really motivated.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 8 months ago #295574 by Louise W
Replied by Louise W on topic The Battle of the Bulge!
I'm still trucking - only lost 5kg but not been able to do much exercise other than the usual mucking and feeding out. Well done on achieving 'Perfection' Hilldweller :)

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

More
14 years 8 months ago #295929 by hilldweller
Good for you Lou. Keep on trucking :)

hilldweller

More
14 years 8 months ago #296597 by The Kats Place
weigh in today and 600 loss. They offer a deal of a four month pass making it $4 cheaper per session so i bought that. and paid the four months up frount. I like to get value for my money so I am committed now till the middle of january. (or should I be committed)

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 8 months ago #296733 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic The Battle of the Bulge!
:) good on ya TKP .. nothing like a good bargin eh
your doing great girl :) ... and by middle of jan it will be Bikini season for you :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #296738 by kate
Replied by kate on topic The Battle of the Bulge!
Well done TKP :D

I've been very slack since my knee op but need to get my a back into g [}:)]

Web Goddess

More
14 years 8 months ago #297146 by Minky2
Replied by Minky2 on topic The Battle of the Bulge!
I've always had trouble keeping weight on (sorry, don't hit me). I would be most interested to know whether those of you who think you are overweight would eat more than me in a day. My average intake in a day would be 3 weetbix and milk, 2 wholemeal toast and butter, 2 glass whole milk, 3 cups tea with sugar, 2 small pieces choc cake, one banana, one kiwifrt, 2 tomatoes, 1 carrot, one 150 g pottle yoghurt (not lite), 4 tbsp mixed vegies, 1 pottle chips, one potato top pie, 2 peaches, 4 Tbsp greek yoghurt, one plain biscuit, a few grapes, one sandwich. If those of you dieting eat less than this then it can't be your fault if you are 'fat' as I get away with eating this much at least every day and have stayed around 50-55 kg for many years. So it must be inherited/genetic?? I do exercise - either walk up to 7 km day (fast walking) or run the same distance.

More
14 years 8 months ago #297197 by hilldweller
Hmmmm... trying to think what would happen if I ate what you do Minky. Suspect I'd be hungry and lose muscle because it looks to be fairly low in protein, so I'd probably add in a couple of extra pieces of choc cake LOL and end up gaining fat. It's obviously working well for you though. We're all different :)

hilldweller

More
14 years 8 months ago #297205 by Minky2
Replied by Minky2 on topic The Battle of the Bulge!
Well, I was probably a bit unfair to myself there - I'm not usually quite that wicked re. the chips and pie lol. That was a scrappy/takeaway sort of day - normally I would substitute those with a serving of red meat or chicken and more veg. I guess what I'm saying is that I seem to get away with eating what I want without piling on the weight. Just wondered if that amount of food seems excessive for some of you trying to diet. I would probably feel sick if I ate the extra chocolate cake though hilldweller so I wouldn't totally get away with it lol!

More
14 years 8 months ago #297228 by wino
Replied by wino on topic The Battle of the Bulge!
Minky my husband would eat double that every day.

When he got to 40 he developed a little middleaged spread and his BMI actually got to 20.

I am convinced it he either has a huge tapeworm or he is just hyperactive and if he was a child they would have him on Ritalin.

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
14 years 8 months ago #297274 by Inger
Replied by Inger on topic The Battle of the Bulge!
Don't you dare lose weight Kate ! There won't be any of you left. Hope your knee is mending well.

Minky, you need some meat. That'll help you get enough protein to put on muscle. Exercise and protein intake will help you put on the weight you're after. Muscle weighs more than fat, which is why people on a diet who do lots of exercise, can actually put on weight. Its not the weight that counts, its the muscle to fat ratio that's more important. Especially when you live on a LSB. The amount of weight lifting we do has added inches in our biceps and calf muscles over the years. I've given up worrying about dieting. It doesn't work for me. I just try and eat meat, fruit and veges and throw in whatever wheat-free bread and pasta I can find. Then let my body find its own equilibrium. Whenever I've dieted in the past, my weight has rebounded to more than I started with, so I now avoid dieting and just snack carefully with fruit, when I get the munchies between meals.

I must admit, when I'm too busy working on the farm, I can stretch out having to go back to the house for a meal, by drinking plenty of water. It won't stop me losing energy eventually, but it does give me an extra few hours to get the job finished.

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa. Registered Dexter cattle, Wiltshire sheep - black, white & pied.
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry. Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
A cat called Pusscat and still looking for another heading dog.

More
14 years 7 months ago #298223 by The Kats Place
this weeks loss was only 400gm, I am dissappointed but any loss is better than nothing:o. I was so sure I had done better than that too :(

kats

More
14 years 7 months ago #298229 by kate
Replied by kate on topic The Battle of the Bulge!
It's still a loss TKP :D I still haven't done any real exercise since my knee surgery and have put on another couple of kgs...

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds