good design for mothering

More
13 years 2 months ago #17856 by beedee
I thought those with a spare corner and not much time or spare hands might be interested in borrowing this design, since 99% of us here wouldnt be able to bid for the item anyway
www.trademe.co.nz/Business-farming-indus...uction-213956763.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #265216 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic good design for mothering
That trader has been selling that for a while now. I have had a good look for my own inspiration

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 2 months ago #265223 by hilldweller
Mmmm... love things like that. It just looks so functional! But no, I don't need it and won't be bidding.

hilldweller

More
13 years 2 months ago #265248 by judes
Replied by judes on topic good design for mothering
I did lambing season using one of those units and they are brilliant!! :D :D I could shift as required for fresh grass and I could usually foster a lamb and ewe in 12hrs though I kept them in it for 24hrs just to make sure. Bail the ewe for about 6hrs and then let the bail off, some ewes that would lower their back ends to sit and not let the lamb drink were kept up with a cord sling in the hip area. I had one of those units and some lambing pen/sheds but by far the unit was quicker and easier to use. My Grandfather used the bail system in a lambing shed and it worked well but not as quick as the outside unit. One lesson learned in that season was fostering in a wool shed is absolutely hopeless, or maybe it was because of the SNOW outside but I do not recommend a wool shed :p .

Jude
Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds