Ladies, your old bras are needed!

More
13 years 2 months ago #17852 by reggit
No, this is not a hoax! :)

The owner of an online Cambridge store, www.breastmates.co.nz , is asking women to send her their old bras so they can be shipped to Zimbabwe, where they can be used by women and girls who cannot afford to buy them.

So far she has collected 4000 bras and is wanting to reach 10,000.

Go check out those underwear drawers and put your old 'over the shoulder boulder holders' to good use! [}:)] Check out www.breastmates.co.nz/africa.html for details of where they can be dropped off or sent to.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #265144 by Isla
Do you think we don't wear them until they don't hold anything any more? Oh, is that just me?

More
13 years 2 months ago #265146 by reggit
I am pretty much the same, Isla, but this is a good reminder that perhaps its time for some new ones while the old ones still have a bit of life left in them!

Always nice to get new bras and find that your bust line has suddenly magically risen by two inches [}:)][}:)][}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 2 months ago #265148 by Kiwi303
ah, i thought from the title a certain roadside fence had been stripped and needed refurbishing

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 2 months ago #265151 by reggit
No, but boy, that would make a huge difference to the container being filled! [}:)]

More
13 years 2 months ago #265153 by Birman Babe
:confused: I very much doubt there would be anyone over there who would fit my DD's :D

More
13 years 2 months ago #265156 by Isla
Why? Nutrition? My sister took a J cup for a while. Whoops, I've become a size queen. [}:)] I feel like I'm back in a playground. Contrary to the belief of those young women (in particular) who think their lives will be improved by the addition of several kilogrammes of extra weight to their chests, I find it all rather a pain. It's probably like having curly hair: those who don't, want it; those who have it, try to cut it all off to get it out of the way!

More
13 years 2 months ago #265163 by oskatd
Usually chuck mine out when the bones break.... Still it could be one bit of aid that actually gets through, after all - what would Mugabe do with a container of bras?

More
13 years 2 months ago #265164 by Stu_R
well me being a bloke Tigger, um sorry cant help you with this one lol
and the only female in my place , has 4 legs and doesn't wear a bra ... so shes no help either :( lol

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 2 months ago #265165 by Isla
Are you advertising, Stu? This is not the personal column. :D [}:)]

More
13 years 2 months ago #265168 by Westermans
i have loads that no longer fit due to them shrinking :) or am i expanding..i will sort them out, cant think of a better use for them...some of my really old ones i wouldnt dare send...they are knakered but i love them like that....hahah...but i will sort through them all and ask my teens too, i bet they have outgrown some of theirs too :)
What a great use for them..cheers for that tigger :)

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

More
13 years 2 months ago #265176 by reggit

oskatd;244666 wrote: what would Mugabe do with a container of bras?

I figure this is one container of aid that he can't siphon elsewhere for his own uses :D

It's good to keep an eye out for this sort of thing. A local bike shop was involved in a Bikes for Africa appeal last year where they sent old bikes over and small home businesses there fixed them up and sold them on - microindustry at its best! We got rid of two old ten speeds that were in the back of the shed that someone would be very grateful for [;)]

More
13 years 2 months ago #265178 by hilldweller
Is this because Zimbabwean (sp?) women are moving from their traditional dress to Western garb? That would seem a bit sad really :(

hilldweller

More
13 years 2 months ago #265184 by Kiwi303
there can be some advantages to western clothes... could you imagine pita sharples and Winston peters strutting down the main street in nothing but a flax loincloth?
They're at least in reasonable shape... try the thought of some of the BIG round ones now... :P

what was the name of the labour fellow that must have been well nigh 200Kg?

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 2 months ago #265185 by max2
OT but wasn't there a theory for a while that breast cancer might be given a kick start by the blockage or restraint of the glands surrounded by our bras?

anyone know what the breast cancer rate for women in Zimbabwe is? perhaps we should allow them to continue to hang free.... :)

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds