email issue

More
15 years 3 months ago #17842 by rob
email issue was created by rob
i want my payslip sent to my email address, but it is not arriving. it is sent as a pdf.

i have been in touch with them again by email and what i cannot understand is, if i can get an email from them with no attachment, then why can i not get it with one. does that make any sense?

there is nothing in my junk/spam box, i have even listed then as a safe sender to my list, i disabled my anti spam on NOD32 as well but nothing came through.

their reply was i should get another email address.[:(!][:(!]

any ideas???

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #264965 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic email issue
it should be comming through
my internet bill comes like that ... sometimes i have to click the attached file to open and view it though

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
15 years 3 months ago #265005 by 4trees
Replied by 4trees on topic email issue
Hi, depending what program the pay person is using, if it is Ace payroll, you have to sort some settings in the program to get emails to go.
If it is the above program I can have a look and tell you what boxes the pay person will have to tick. Usually a copy is in the sent box on the computer that they originate from, get the pay person to check and see if there is a copy in there. Check also that the email address is entered correctly at the pay person end. Cheers.

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz

More
15 years 3 months ago #265006 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic email issue
rob - I would be taking this to your ISP provider as it is possible their system is stripping it out before you get it. Another thought is that it is too big and the sender should be compressing it before sending - very possible that the problem is with the sender not you - but this is what you pay your ISP provider for - to get you your emails - so have a word with them.

Final thought - can you get the sender to save it as a text document and send it as an attachement from there? Might work. Just guessing.

More
15 years 2 months ago #265104 by rob
Replied by rob on topic email issue
thank you 4trees/Didi,
i have sent them an email asking it to be sent to my boss at work and get her to send it on to me, just pisses me off for them to say change your email address

Rob

More
15 years 2 months ago #265169 by rob
been on to Telecom, problem not my end

Rob

More
15 years 2 months ago #265209 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic email issue
ohh at times like that I right click and that then seems to open things that dont wanna with the left click.. gosh you are lucky to receive a pay sheet.

More
15 years 2 months ago #265230 by Istrian
Replied by Istrian on topic email issue
rob, what operating system are you using? Windows XP or Vista? Often after an automatic update the security settings are reset so that you can not receive attachments. Have you checked your email security settings?

More
15 years 2 months ago #265268 by rob
using xp, and yes allset ok. the thing is if i can receive basic emails from them, so why can i not receive email with attachments.
T'com has checked from the address sending and nothing has come through as spam.

i even disabled my anti spam on my NOD32.
i made them a trusted sender as well,no change.

Rob

More
15 years 2 months ago #265316 by Istrian
Replied by Istrian on topic email issue
rob, are you using outlook express or outlook? If outlook, which version? If you send me a pm with your email address I can send you a test email with a small pdf. That way you can see if the problem is at your end or with the sender.

More
15 years 2 months ago #265354 by feedqueen
Replied by feedqueen on topic email issue
Would think it is the problem at payroll end. They need to check their settings/addresses methinks. I use smoothpay and ifthere is a problem with emailing payslips they bounce back to my email addy to sort out. Would say they have a wrong adress entered for you. Telling you to change your email is a lazy and cant be bothered trying answer I feel...

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds