Collecting for Cancer organisations

• Andrea
13 years 2 months ago #17813 by Andrea
Collecting for Cancer organisations was created by Andrea
This came up at our goat association's AGM: we wanted, as a club, to do a collection during one of the awareness weeks that the cancer groups in New Zealand do each year, but no one knew the first thing about getting started. Is there a list somewhere of all the cancer organisations in the country? The main interest was in child cancer.

Thanks
Andrea
Oxford

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #264675 by Kiwi303
there's a contacts page on their site here somewhere:

canteen.org.nz/

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 2 months ago #264676 by Kiwi303
there's a contacts page on their site here somewhere:

canteen.org.nz/

More
13 years 2 months ago #264699 by Andrea1
Thanks, Kiwi. Not that one is more deserving than another, but is there one of the cancer research/care/support organisations that tends to get left by the wayside come appeal weeks?

Cheers
Andrea
Oxford

More
13 years 2 months ago #264701 by ronnie

Andrea;244161 wrote: Thanks, Kiwi. Not that one is more deserving than another, but is there one of the cancer research/care/support organisations that tends to get left by the wayside come appeal weeks?

Cheers
Andrea
Oxford

Andrea, I'm sure they all struggle to get volunteers to help on collection week, and whichever one you choose will be extremely grateful for whatever help you can offer them.
Good on your Club for wanting to do this.....

More
13 years 2 months ago #264704 by Valmai
Ring the cancer society in CHch. Its in Manchester St.(I think) They are the most helpful considerate people.

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
13 years 2 months ago #264714 by Andrea1
Thanks! I think cancer has touched everyone's family in our goat association, and I think in these harder times people want to do all they can to help, when not much can be out of their own pockets, if you know what I mean. Colon and stomach cancers run in my family, and I have friends here in New Zealand who are cancer survivors (including a couple members of our association!), and I think the level of support that's offered is amazing. We were hoping that the cute factor of the goats would get more people to donate. :D :D :D

Cheers
Andrea
Oxford

More
13 years 2 months ago #264759 by Kiwi303
Hmm.. yeah, My paternal grandma died of breast cancer that spread to pretty much everywhere else, dad died from liver cancer that spread everywhere else, my uncle from mums side dided of cancer too.

So I'm going to need to keep an eye on things myself... A pity there no anti-cancer test as simple as a dabetics blood sugar monitor :P

More
13 years 2 months ago #264760 by Kiwi303
Hmm.. yeah, My paternal grandma died of breast cancer that spread to pretty much everywhere else, dad died from liver cancer that spread everywhere else, my uncle from mums side dided of cancer too.

So I'm going to need to keep an eye on things myself... A pity there no anti-cancer test as simple as a dabetics blood sugar monitor :P

More
13 years 2 months ago #264773 by Simkin

Kiwi303;244227 wrote:

There are tests - but they are specific for a certain type of cancer and very expensive.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds