Mobile phone questions

More
15 years 1 month ago #17713 by DiDi
Mobile phone questions was created by DiDi
My lovely daughers gave me a Nokia 1650 Mobile Phone for Xmas and it has already stopped having any ring tone. It turns the phone off when you try to open ring tones! Grrr

Worse - they did not keep the receipt so it looks as though I have to buy a new one. So - knowing that the price rocks from $100 - infinity, I wonder how vague I can be in asking for recommendations. I am using pre pay and only really use it for txt and calling. My biggest issue is that I am a tad short in the hearing department and need a decent hearing reception. Not talking hearing aids incidentally.

The one they bought did everything I wanted simply but a bit heard to hear. I have always had Nokia but ages spent on the Net has not really enlightened me as to what I should be looking for. Don't need email, MP3player etc - just a simple easy to hear and use phone. Any help greatly appreciated - bit sick of the missed calls and texts as it doesn't make any noise!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #262930 by feedqueen
Replied by feedqueen on topic Mobile phone questions
Have you looked at having it repaired? I would be taking it back to whomever sold it and making a big song and dance. It should last more than 4 months surely if bought new?? Assuming it hasnt been dropped in the water trough as mine tend to die this way?

More
15 years 1 month ago #262933 by Telly
Replied by Telly on topic Mobile phone questions
I sympathise Didi. My phone is stuck on vibrate so I'm missing calls and texts. Very annoying. Just waiting for Mum to get her free upgrade so I can get her old phone.

Goats: 4 boers + 4 kids (all does[:D]), 1 saanen + 2 kids, 1 toggenburg.
Chickens: Barred Rock, Light Sussex, Araucana, pekins
Pigs now in the freezer

More
15 years 1 month ago #262948 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Mobile phone questions
Take it into the Telecon/Vodafone dealer and see if they can sort the problem. Sounds like a security setting is to blame.

Also are you making a call to the ringtones service rather than using the already installed onboard ones, and if so is a lack of available credit on the phone causing it to 'turn off'. Doesn't sound likely but a possibility.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
15 years 1 month ago #262951 by moonshiner
Replied by moonshiner on topic Mobile phone questions
Quite often with Nokias the ring tone files get corrupted which causes them to not sound their ringing or message tones. My phone is on 24/7 for my job and every month it goes into teenager mode and refuses to do much at all, turn it off, remove the battery for an hour and everything is restored on startup. Maybe like a phone sabbatical.... :rolleyes:

~

The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen. ~Tommy Smothers

More
15 years 1 month ago #262953 by Telly
Replied by Telly on topic Mobile phone questions
Moonshiner, I presume all the phone numbers etc are still there if you do this? I might give it a try, it's driving me nuts not hearing my phone.

Goats: 4 boers + 4 kids (all does[:D]), 1 saanen + 2 kids, 1 toggenburg.
Chickens: Barred Rock, Light Sussex, Araucana, pekins
Pigs now in the freezer

More
15 years 1 month ago #262960 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic Mobile phone questions
Take it into one of the shops in Hamilton ~ Vodaphone or Telecom ~ whichever plan you have. I have always found Nokia phones to be most reliable and user friendly :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #262968 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Mobile phone questions
Don't worry too much about the receipt - we got ours repaired under guarantee without having to show them the receipt - Telecom had all the data on their computer :) We still have the receipt but noone asked for it[8D]

More
15 years 1 month ago #262973 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Mobile phone questions
Yes dont believe that thing you need the puchase date, they deny it at first then twiddle away at their computers and bring up the data!!!! and funny how they can inform you that you have had the ph for 2yrs and time for an upgrade.. take it back.. I did find my threw some hissy fits and all they did was turn it off, take the battery out and we hummmm along

More
15 years 1 month ago #263007 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Mobile phone questions
Yes i would take it intot he shop. Unusual I think Nokia are one of the best phones. My last 1 was so tuff that even falling out of my pocket and being run over by the ride on didn't stop it working. By then it had no arieal and no back lol

More
15 years 1 month ago #263053 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Mobile phone questions
Fixed! Just in case this helps anyone else - perhaps you too Telly - I rang Nokia's 0800 665 421 number. Presumably talking to a person overseas but he had me sorted in minutes. Remove battery for 5 seconds then replace, go into settings and right down the bottom is restore factory settings. It asked for my security code (no idea) so he said use 1 2 3 4 5 and bingo - all back to normal. Just have to figure out how to make it louder now but phew - very happy.

Just a note of caution as when my son in law was trying to get it to work, I asked about whether my contacts were saved if I removed the battery and I think he said he saved them to the Sim card. Don't ask me - a foreign language but why not ring Nokia rather than the local dealer. Very courteous and pleasant to deal with even when I asked him if he could turn up his volume as I was struggling to hear him (did) and also to slow down as I needed him to speak slowly (did). Well done Nokia representative.

PS That is assuming you have a Nokia phone!

More
15 years 1 month ago #263055 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Mobile phone questions
Thats great to know big plus to Nokia

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
15 years 1 month ago #263067 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Mobile phone questions
:) Didi yep if its Vodafone .. has a simcard and yes taking battery out wont effect anything ... Telecom ones dont have simcards though :(

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds