my lambies have left home :(

More
13 years 2 months ago #17677 by Westermans
I took my 5 ewe lambs to the neighbours yesterday and one of my 2 year old year rams heading for our freezer to another neighbour to live with her and her flock of 6 ladies....it was so sad to see them all go but NONE of them are for the freezer so that has to be good :)

They all went onto the trailer without too much effort too, which made the 5 min trip up and down the road a lot easier for all of us...there is a lot to be said for the your animlas trusing you and just doing as you want them too :) Dolly was very sad to see her twin girls disapear...she was not happy at all..the others didnt really care much at all.

So now i have 4 males for the freezer my ram Ton jones and Frank my 3 year old wether along with my 13 ewes for breeding :) A much easier number to keep a track of.

Bring on lambing in July .......oh how soon we forget how hard that time of year is .....

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #262627 by kathken
oh - sadness.
what about storm (is that his name), the little fighter from last year that you hand raised. what about him.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
13 years 2 months ago #262954 by Westermans
My Stormy boy has to go into the freezer..we left it too late to castrate :( But i am getting my head around it all, he has a fantastic life here with me until he goes, its all part of it i supppose...i will miss him nad Percy too, they come to me for scratches and are still very loving...always difficult but i get over it!

www.westermans.co.nz

More
13 years 2 months ago #262984 by kathken
oh boy - that is hard, and that'd be too tough for me, i'm too soft. i'd never make a real farmer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
13 years 2 months ago #263893 by Westermans
Hey im not a real farmer either, i jsut play at it ;) It is really tough when they go but i know i have more on the way in July :)
I know i will be really sad but once they are dead i just see them as meat in pack and save...only way i can get my head around it sometimes...lol...

www.westermans.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds