Did you miss me?

More
15 years 2 months ago #17473 by kate
Did you miss me? was created by kate
Bet you didn't [}:)]

I've been on a five-day competent crew sailing course off Gibraltar [8D][8D][8D]

Boats aren't really my thing but Geoff loves them so we signed up and sailed off [B)] We sailed from Gibraltar to Morocco and also to Cueta, which although technically Spanish is on the North African coast. The Straits of Gibraltar are like the Auckland motorway - I've never seen so many freighters, ferrys and cruise ships...and some of them are HUGE [:0][:0]

We're now back on dry land and in Cadiz which is a lovely city. We only have six weeks left of our holiday before we head home. We hope to see a lot more of Spain in that time.

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #259889 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Did you miss me?
Aww for a moment there I thought you meant home-home :( but you mean your home-away-from-home [;)]

Sounds like a great trip! :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 2 months ago #259894 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Did you miss me?
You do mean home-home ...like here home :D ... don't you Kate??? [:0]HUH HUH don't you????:confused:
Hope so[;)]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
15 years 2 months ago #259897 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Did you miss me?
Miss you? Of course we did........ [:X]
So, on your return HOME, you might move closer to the coast but not buy a boat??

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
15 years 2 months ago #259917 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Did you miss me?
who are you?

on the other hand I was wondering why your posts were thin at the moment, but thought you were probably on a bus tour and the rustic olde-tyme hotels didn't have all the mod cons like internet...

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
15 years 2 months ago #259925 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Did you miss me?
Oooh, you lucky thing! I did my competent crew/day skipper in the Solent, nowhere near as exotic! My greatest moment (in fact, one of the greatest moments of my life) was bringing the yacht in up an estuary and mooring alongside a pontoon, under sail only.

Welcome back to the cyberworld!

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
15 years 2 months ago #259926 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Did you miss me?
Thanks guys :D

Home is NZ...no question about that and we're home in mid-May :)

Kiwi...a bus tour???

Seaside, we're saving day skipper until we return and then it may only be one of us [}:)] We had force 7 (I think) winds and huge swells one day which nearly put me off for life :( However, I said I'd do it and I did :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
15 years 2 months ago #259952 by Westermans
Replied by Westermans on topic Did you miss me?
sounds like you are having a great time Kate :) Are you missing Home Home though...i am hoping to head to the Uk in July..money permitting not as exciting as your adventure just to see family etc...but i dont think i want to leave my new home NZ ;) not for even 3 weeks....

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

More
15 years 2 months ago #259961 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Did you miss me?
I didnt think of the bus tours but did think you might be in an olde type apartment, and unable to keep an eye on us, esp when I did make a comment about your soon to come home.. only another day and we can say its next month.. there have been some great sunny days on the hilltop, we shall try for a second indian summer when you get here, the leaves are not turning colour yet.. so they are waiting for ya!!

More
15 years 2 months ago #260022 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Did you miss me?
:) westermans :) um who else is going to be neighbourhood animal carer while your busy "seeing Family" ?

:) Kate .. yes i did miss your posts actually .. lol as your one of the few thats online on site when i first get up :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
15 years 2 months ago #260024 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Did you miss me?
:) beedee .. um maybe not where you are .. lol but on friday i was parked under the Poplar trees at the Grove .. um they are deffinately loosing their leaves (yep should have left window closed)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
15 years 2 months ago #260079 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Did you miss me?
Sounded fantastic Kate bar the big waves! Will be lovely to have you back home.

More
15 years 2 months ago #260101 by AdoubleJ
Replied by AdoubleJ on topic Did you miss me?
Of course we missed you..................mmmmmmmmmmmm what was your name again? :D [:I]

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds