Anyone built a double garage lately????

More
13 years 3 months ago #17445 by ronnie
We are going to have to put up a double garage with workshop area and move the manufacturing side of our business out of the spare room and into said garage.:cool:

Anyone put up a garage of late?
Are any of the stockists better/worse to deal with? or are they all much the same?
And price wise? again, anyone better than the others? or far more expensive?

Had a look around the net this morning, but couldn't find a lot of info, and no pricing. Probably looking in the wrong place, as usual:rolleyes:, so any pointers in the right direction would be most appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #259710 by 4trees
Ronnie, we put a Quinn Garage up last year, double garage with extra room on the end. We were happy with the quality, we looked at a number of them structure wise, and timber quality, and we found Quinn the best.
They were good to deal with, floor down on date that was stated, garage framing put up two weeks later and finished in two days. My husband who does quite a bit of building, found a lot of them used less timber in them than Quinn's did and that was what made up our mind. Cheers.

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz

More
13 years 3 months ago #259727 by Hestia
we did use one of those large companies,,5 years ago.
nothing worked,,they forgot important things as tresholds when they did do the foundation and had to cutt them out, they did not have material enough so we had 70% only of the walls for a week, they did drive down our mailbox and did not even bother to put it up and left it flat down.
one of their builders did seek up my dog that was on a lead even though I told him to leave the dog, I guess it was same guy that later did talk about the cars I had in my garage down at the pub and made it sound as if it was something exceptional which it ain't.(we do not want to attract thieves)

More
13 years 3 months ago #259820 by [email protected]
We built a garage sleepout late last year and used Ideal- found them brilliant and really good quality and a cheaper quote than the rest. Having said all that i think they are a franchised operation so service could vary from place to place butr our experience was wonderful.

4 acres with Garage/sleepout, a pond with ducks and frogs, lots of trees ready to burst into life in spring and lots of garden beds.

More
13 years 3 months ago #259851 by hilldweller
Hoping to do that this year. After looking around have decided to go with one of the farm shed places rather than the normal garage ones. All options looked expensive but this gives a bit more flexibility and height too. I also found Skyline and Versatile had very limited colour ranges. Depends what you want but might be worth considering the shed places as well as the garage ones. Let us know how you get on.

hilldweller

More
13 years 3 months ago #259887 by monkeydo
We built a 8m x 6m Versatile garage about 18 months ago.

My other half did most of it but it was pretty straight forward and easy to do. All the bits were supplied and we have heaps of stuff left over. We made a couple of stuff ups but nothing major. The instructions were terribly written and things are listed quite out of order in the kitset instructions.

It cost us about $6k for the kit from memory. That was on special. I just regret now that we could only afford the 2.1m stud height at the time. It's ok for cars, quad and lawnmower but now we need something bigger to make into a stable.

On a different topic my parents have built a big barn from Shed Boss and that is so strong and sturdy that I would highly recommend that company. The Upper Hutt guys have been great to deal with and if I were going to build another shed I would definitely do a steel frame. No annoying trusses to have in the ceiling and nice and easy bolt together construction. The Shed Boss ones use bigger framing than other companies but are still really price competitive.

Good luck.

More
13 years 3 months ago #259916 by LongRidge
I think that Goldpine can organise everything if you are thinking of a non-attached building, so check them out.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds