How was your summer?

More
13 years 3 months ago #17420 by mikenz
How was your summer? was created by mikenz
And what are your plans for winter?

I can hardly believe summer is over already, I can feel the cold hearted approach of winter steaming in!

I love the summer, beach, bbqs, sun and look forward to it all year. This year however didn't seem as good to me. Less days at the beach, and no long stretches of sunny skies. Definitely not the endless summer feel!

The work side of things was great though, I ran my business through its first full summer, and it blew away all my expectations. I started up another online business in Australia which is slowly gaining momentum.

How was your summer???

For winter I would just about go into hibernation if I could! Don't like the cold at all. Only good thing is the rare trip away skiing, and the surf is definitely better here in winter, if you don't freeze to death first.

Business is slow for me over winter, but I do have business/pleasure trip planned to Mexico for all of May, so that might help get me through part of winter.

Your winter plans?

Alright, off to make the most of a semi warm autumn day by taking the dog to the beach.

Hand-woven Mexican Hammocks and Blankets Online Store
www.hammocksonline.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #259350 by BillyTheTractor
I'm sorry your summer wasn't so good.
Ours was amazing, we did have endless days of blue skies and hot temperatures. When we were in dire need of rain it rained for a couple of days then went back to sunny. I would have to say this has been one of the best summers of my life!
We were out on the Bay loads, fishing and diving and swimming, we had visitors over and had a lovely time. The garden just flourished and the veggies were the best I've ever managed to grow. I just loved it. It was made all the better because of the stinking winter we had up here.

Winter plans, well a weeks holiday somewhere hot (been saving all year!) just in case its as horrible this year again.
Gardening, driving around in the tractor, a long weekend skiing probably.

We're still getting in the mid 20's during the day here, even if the nights are cooler, so it still feels pretty gorgeous.

Wee Farm

More
13 years 3 months ago #259362 by Inger
Replied by Inger on topic How was your summer?
Summer was slow to get started here. The sun didn't get serious until November, so the Spring grass was late. Still, we've had rain when we needed it (and some when we didn't) and the temperatures are staying warm here during the day, so the grass is still growing and the steers are getting bigger. So we can't complain.

For Winter, we're off to Europe to visit my rellies in Denmark and on the way home, we dropping by Canada to see how our newly emigrated Son is getting on. Looking forward to that. It so nice to have someone volunteer to watch the place while we're away. :)

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa
Herd of Registered Dexter cattle
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry and Sicilian Buttercup poultry
Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
Polled Wiltshire Sheep, both black and white
An old Heading Dog called Lad and a cat called Pusscat,

More
13 years 3 months ago #259368 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic How was your summer?
Our summer was good (esp compared to last year, as we had rain!) but busy, and our winter will be spent hunkering down in our warm house (yay!) making the most of rest and recreation time :D

After being confined in a 24sqm portacabin for three months, then a 25sqm space at the end of the house for 3 more months, we are looking forward to expanding out into the full 200+ sqm of the finished building! [;)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 2 months ago #259817 by mikenz
Replied by mikenz on topic How was your summer?
Hey Billy, wow that sounds awesome! Maybe I should hang out up there over summer. It sometimes seems you wait all year for summer to start and then it's over before you know it. Definitely sounds like you made the most of it also.

Denmark and Canada sounds great Inger. Really good thing to look forward to over winter. I was in Europe last year visiting friends, but didn't make it to Denmark, I imagine it would be a cool place to travel.

King of the castle aye Tigger! Probably going to feel like that moving into the completed house. I'm sure that will feel so nice.

We've had another good couple of autumn days here this weekend, but weather forecast is to drop back to the low teens this week as another southerly comes through, not so good.

Hand-woven Mexican Hammocks and Blankets Online Store
www.hammocksonline.co.nz

More
13 years 2 months ago #259955 by sod
Replied by sod on topic How was your summer?
Hope your summer is back ours is its so hot here now:)been one of the best ever for us grass more grass :):) no dusty paddocks. Lot of hay, silage feed of all kinds.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 2 months ago #260025 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic How was your summer?
summer was good here in Manawatu for grass to sod :) .. just as well as i am pushing boundaries with no hay to get through winter with :)
:) lol so now i have to think about where to find the money for "Wet Weather " gear .. lol as now have sheepies n goats .. um will need to be out there in all weathers :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 2 months ago #260131 by sod
Replied by sod on topic How was your summer?
Stu R hard to think of wet weather gear on days like now:) but like you must start I guess HA HA

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds