Horsey people help pls

More
13 years 3 months ago #263889 by devan
Replied by devan on topic Horsey people help pls
Oh joy....the last thing i am feeling is rich! No i didn't clip him last winter cos i didn't ride him, the tail thing he has always had apparently (i've only had him 18 months). I always thought that the white marks were from nerve damage caused by pressure points....eg the saddle? not so much from slipping etc? I have the card of anna someone that did a horse for me a few years ago, guess i better give her a call :(
Bugger the darn washing machine packed in on the weekend so its gonna be a poor month for me. Anyone know anyone who fixes washing machines in between Onewhero and papatoetoe?

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #263954 by sundaysbest
Replied by sundaysbest on topic Horsey people help pls

GloPony;243075 wrote: As for my martingale comments, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. [;)] My opinion will always be that no gadget is a substitute for schooling.

[^] Very much so.

There are soooooooooooo many things people do with horses these days in terms of experts - I wonder and think back to my early days in riding school, then PC, then schooling for others, working at the racing stables and whatnot and wonder how on earth we got by! haha :)

As you get to know your horse you will have a feel for when they are right and wrong, and for the time being until time ticks over and you get to know each other the best thing to do is check out ALL avenues and go from there.

Goodluck :)
Sundays

More
13 years 3 months ago #263975 by GloPony
Replied by GloPony on topic Horsey people help pls

devan;243300 wrote: I always thought that the white marks were from nerve damage caused by pressure points....eg the saddle? not so much from slipping etc?

Yes, the marks will be from the saddle but the bucking through transitions, ears back, etc could be pain associated with those pressure points or could just be a sign of completely unrelated pain.

Hehehe devan, welcome to horse ownership in the 21st century! It's certainly becoming more expensive now we have all of these professionals around to cater for the equine athletes. :D :p

Back in the day, we never worried about any of this stuff & our horses all seemed to cope just fine, unlike the pampered ponies of today. I don't know if that's cause the horses we're breeding now are more sensitive or just that in the old days, those that bucked, reared, etc excessively generally had pretty short lives!

Maybe we rode differently then & our horses didn't get so sore...?

All I know is, I see a LOT of VERY sore horses in my travels!

More
13 years 3 months ago #264106 by devan
Yeah i was thinking much the same thing actually, my boy is not exactly got a hard life :D and yes i think back to the good old days when i was younger and didn't realise i could break, and competed hard out most weekends doing ODEs and showjumping and the horse got a hose down and a feed at the end of the day, and was never a problem.
Maybe cos she was a mare and not a woossy male [;)]

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

More
13 years 3 months ago #264137 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Horsey people help pls
laughing my bum off Devan ... you talking about horses now or just males in general ? lol lol

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #264144 by devan
ha ha could apply to either [;)] ride em hard and put em away wet! [}:)]

More
13 years 3 months ago #264146 by Stu_R
:) lmao Devan .. your a dam good sort :)
Good value people :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :

More
13 years 3 months ago #264175 by GloPony
Well as long as the human males don't expect regular massages, pedicures, shoes & clothes tailormade, etc like the horses get! Cause that AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! :p

To be fair to the horsey males, most of the drama queens I deal with are mares. Give me woosy males any day! [;)] :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #264181 by Stu_R
:) GloPony well th e massages sound good :) but the rest , nah thanks ..... :) i think i'll stay human :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #264188 by sundaysbest
I think my horses are much more well cared for than me, or Mr Man... and when I say much, I mean MUCH! haha Lucky blighters...
And yes GP - gooey geldings anyday of the week than those manic mares!! haha
Sundays

More
13 years 3 months ago #264289 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Horsey people help pls
Don't they reckon that you:

Tell a Gelding,
Ask a Stallion.
Negotiate with a Mare???

I like my geldings I have to say..... They seem to realise when they are on to a good thing, and believe me, my two are onto a very good thing.

More
13 years 3 months ago #264312 by devan
Still seeing a remarkable ressemblence to men lol

tell a married man
ask a stallion [;)]
negotiate with a woman :D

More
13 years 3 months ago #264367 by Stu_R
laughing my butt off
from a males point of view ( yeah ok and old one at that)
Tell the geldings ( single guys)
Suggest to the Stallion ( married guy, and see if he can wangle a leave pass)
Hope She who must be obeyed will let the stallion out , or suggest to her ( from a very safe distance, but still warring a crash helmet and a cricket box ... never take any chances)

:) dogs are much easier to deal with :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #264407 by GloPony
:D :D :D Yes, that's exactly how it seems to go for the horses (& probably the men too).

I find a lot similarities between people & horses; the males just want an easy life so never put up too much of an argument to anything. They'll just say nothing & do what you've asked in the hope that you'll go away & leave them in peace. The females however, OMG! [:0] Ask them what's wrong & they'll dredge up every last little thing that's ever upset them, no matter how many years ago it was & make you deal with whole damn lot, RIGHT NOW! And don't EVER tell them that they're wrong if you want to live!! They DO remember & they WILL get you as soon as you let your guard down!

More
13 years 3 months ago #264410 by sundaysbest
HA HA HA HA HA I love geldings, cause clearly I am quite a MARE!!! hahaha
Mr Man might say NIGHT MARE at times, but I know the truth - he means mare MARE! haha :)

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds