Junk mail

• maggies mum
15 years 3 months ago #257210 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Junk mail
Wot! You just figured that out then luv!! ;):D:D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #257214 by hilldweller
Replied by hilldweller on topic Junk mail
I get heaps. Must remember to get a sign for the letterbox as I never read any of it. I'm also getting annoyed by some of the wasteful 'genuine' mail I get. A recent post included:
- Bank statements for two accounts, for the same period, from the same bank, in two separate envelopes.
- A statement from a company I have occasional dealings with advising I owe them $0.00.
- And a not very politely worded letter from my credit card company advising that if I did not immediately pay the overdue sum of $0.61 they would be obliged to do all sorts of horrible things. As it happened, I'd paid the account back to zero while their letter was in the post, but even if I hadn't, it was 61 cents FFS!

hilldweller

• maggies mum
15 years 3 months ago #257218 by maggies mum
My neighbour can beat that HD, sadly his wife died this morning after a short battle with cancer, and in the post there was a letter threatening to send around debt collectors for $68 for an unpaid ambulance bill! Addressed to the wife!! I shan't say what he said! This is a family show!

More
15 years 3 months ago #257221 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Junk mail
When we arrived we were shocked and still are, over the amount of rural papers being delivered monthly. Even one we used to subscribe to in Aussie and we get it for free now!

More
15 years 3 months ago #257227 by Clods
Replied by Clods on topic Junk mail
We don't get any junk mail, any free or local papers or any rural papers (used to get rural papers but they stopped a while ago). The only thing in our mail box is mail addressed to us. I didn't think they delivered junk mail rurally? Or are we the exception?

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

• maggies mum
15 years 3 months ago #257230 by maggies mum
When you 'apply' for rural deliver you can opt to have it delivered or not, so perhaps you ticked the 'no' box Clods when you asked for 'permission'

Sorry the rural system makes me laugh! You buy a stamp, stick it on the envelop, and it gets delivered...but there's often an added extra for delivering some items rurally! Being an ex Royal Mail postie thats delivered in town and rurally I find the sytem here quite bizarre, why do you pay someone extra to pop summat on your letter box and they don't even have to get out of the car!

More
15 years 3 months ago #257340 by max2

maggies mum;236055 wrote: When you 'apply' for rural deliver you can opt to have it delivered or not, so perhaps you ticked the 'no' box Clods when you asked for 'permission'

Sorry the rural system makes me laugh! You buy a stamp, stick it on the envelop, and it gets delivered...but there's often an added extra for delivering some items rurally! Being an ex Royal Mail postie thats delivered in town and rurally I find the sytem here quite bizarre, why do you pay someone extra to pop summat on your letter box and they don't even have to get out of the car!

maybe its your postie MM, we have had a number of things delivered out of the ordinary to where we are currently living, not where our mail goes, just so the postie knew we were receiving it.

My boss also brings in my parcels to me on occasion when they have a big swap around at the mail centre of a morning.

the bit that got my goat though is the courier company who were paid by flybuys to deliver a bbq to us, but telephoned us and asked us to come and collect it as they didn't have a truck going our way....

• maggies mum
15 years 3 months ago #257342 by maggies mum
That's a bloomin' cheek! So did you collect it or tell them to do their ruddy job!! lol

More
15 years 3 months ago #257343 by max2

maggies mum;236180 wrote: That's a bloomin' cheek! So did you collect it or tell them to do their ruddy job!! lol

both, as we wanted a bbq that night. However I should have told flybuys which I didn't do. My list of grizzles has been long since our arrival in NZ, so it wasn't high on my priority list at that time.

(my grizzle list is getting smaller very quickly these days).

• maggies mum
15 years 3 months ago #257351 by maggies mum
Here's to a grizzleless grizzle list! It's bloomin' hard not to have any grizzles though!:D

More
15 years 3 months ago #257366 by max2
its getting there....[;)][8D]

More
15 years 3 months ago #257438 by Inger
Replied by Inger on topic Junk mail
We get so many farming circulars, its enough to keep up with lining chicken cages, wrap up eggs for postage and still have enough to light the fire come Winter. ;)

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa. Registered Dexter cattle, Wiltshire sheep - black, white & pied.
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry. Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
A cat called Pusscat and still looking for another heading dog.

More
15 years 3 months ago #257519 by mikenz
Replied by mikenz on topic Junk mail
So maybe it had something to do with this thread I started here...?

But lastnight someone stole our letter box!!

However, it was replaced with another one and a very strange note. I will try and put up the text and a photo of the new letter box tomorrow.

The new one is much bigger, and well made, however it has been sprayed painted in rainbow hippie colours, and has a childs doll hanging from a nail on the top. It also has 'no junk mail' written across the front. Which is a bit of a pain, as we kind of enjoy our junk mail here!

Hand-woven Mexican Hammocks and Blankets Online Store
www.hammocksonline.co.nz

More
15 years 3 months ago #257609 by mikenz
Replied by mikenz on topic Junk mail
So the letter that was in our new letter box..

(Typed content)

"It, out of LOVE!"

"Hello, i jost got a message saying that guitar palying was a-okay this is awesome crazy and cool every one should have one a guitar and a typewriter"

(Handwritten)

Congratulations!

You have been awarde this free upgrade by dorkings corporation!!!!
Simply smile and use this as you would any epistle receptacle
NO OBLIGATION!!!
NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED!!

With salty pinnacles
from the dorkings' team
enjoy!
:)

And the letterbox they put in place of our old one..

We are currently doing some CSI into this, and have a few leads we are working on to track down the perpertrators..

Attached files
File Attachment:

Hand-woven Mexican Hammocks and Blankets Online Store
www.hammocksonline.co.nz

More
15 years 3 months ago #257612 by moggy
Replied by moggy on topic Junk mail
that is truely bizarre!

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds