Gib-stop-less no more: so close, but....!

More
13 years 3 months ago #17177 by reggit
Well, we've been in residence in our two wee rooms at the end of the house since New Year's, and in that two months...the gibbys STILL haven't finished. They turn up for a day here and a day there, do a very good job while they are here but...

I am getting to the point that I am contemplating letting down their tyres and locking the gates so they can't leave till they've completed the job [;)]

So the painters are waiting for the gibbys to finish, the kitchen guys are waiting for the painters to finish...and the electrician can't hook up any more lights until that lot is sorted. We have a furniture place storing the new lounge suite we treated ourselves to over Xmas, and I have to keep putting them off too.

With the evenings getting darker and one builders light in the makeshift kitchen in the garage, we will soon be cooking by feel :D

Ah joy. The most important thing is we are living on site, which is lovely. We also haven't had a bill to pay for quite some time as no work has been completed.

Now where is that gate padlock...? [}:)][}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #255989 by Stu_R
lol tigger :) make sure the Plumbers arent there when you lock the Gibbies in .. as plumbers have bolt cutter :( lol

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #256003 by max2
Oh good, so we are catching up with you again....[;)][;)][;)] :D

More
13 years 3 months ago #256005 by reggit

swaggie;234735 wrote: Oh good, so we are catching up with you again....[;)][;)][;)] :D

On the upside...the entire outside (plastering and painting) is now completed :)

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 3 months ago #256036 by sod
Well maybe you will be warm and dry for the winter:) even if burnt fingers:(

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 3 months ago #256093 by max2

tigger;234737 wrote: On the upside...the entire outside (plastering and painting) is now completed :)

bragger! :D :D :D :D [8D]

More
13 years 3 months ago #256566 by reggit
Hubby put the heat on the gibbies on Monday, and they reckon they'll be finished by Friday.

So he's booked in the painters, who are raring to go, to start Monday. Yay!

If they get cracking on the kitchen/living/dining area first, we may well have our kitchen (which is sitting in pieces at the joiners waiting to go in) installed within a couple of weeks :D

More
13 years 3 months ago #256569 by DiDi
:D Good to hear that it not tooooooooo far off tigger! I'm feeling much the same at the moment with contractors I have phoned to quote me various jobs. Tomorrow - no the next day -well possibly the day after that! Jeez. I though people were looking for work. Apparantly not.[:(!]

• chooky
13 years 3 months ago #256572 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic Gib-stop-less no more: so close, but....!
You'd think so Didi - we rang to get a quote for some double glazing over the Xmas break and have not heard a thing back from either company .:(:( I would have thought double glazing was quite a discretionary thing too - the sort of job people might put off when times are tough . Perhaps because we said it was a small job and in a rural area they can't be bothered but I wish they would just say in the first instance they are not interested .:( :( [:(!]

More
13 years 3 months ago #256645 by max2
Much excitement at our site today as the bathrooms were lined. Our window people were back to replace the double glazing, and the baled weeds were removed...

catching you tigger, very quickly.....[8D][8D][8D]

More
13 years 3 months ago #257480 by reggit
Hey Swaggie, one step ahead still! Gibbies have all but finished and painters are due in early this week, so we are regrouping our living spaces to the bedroom and the garage so everywhere else is clear for them to do their thing.

Good timing too as the flooring guys called us Friday to see where we were at. The plasterers have taken so long that we've been able to work our butts off with some extra hours and save some more pennies in the meantime and are now able to get the flooring done in one go instead of stages, yehah! :D

More
13 years 3 months ago #258147 by reggit
THE PAINTERS ARE IN! THE PAINTERS ARE IN!

They are spraying the undercoat today, place is noisy and stinks of solvent [xx(] so keeping well out of it.

The gibbys have two cupboard interiors and one bathroom interior to do a final sand in but...no sign of them yesterday or today so far [:(!]

Wonder if I can reciprocate by taking 2.5 months to pay the bill? :rolleyes:[}:)]

• maggies mum
13 years 3 months ago #258148 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Gib-stop-less no more: so close, but....!
Woohoo! Looking forward to the housewarming! Have that before carpets go down tho!

RE the gibbys! Make the buggers wait I would!

More
13 years 3 months ago #258149 by reggit
They are dark carpets MM and flecked to hide a multitude of sins, so should be okay even with those who splash red wine [^][^]

I can handle everything except the plaster dust which is really getting me down, so floor coverings have been upgraded to priority [;)]

• maggies mum
13 years 3 months ago #258240 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Gib-stop-less no more: so close, but....!
Cool and then you'll say a date! :) :D:D:D

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds