carpet stain

More
13 years 3 months ago #17144 by kathken
carpet stain was created by kathken
one of the cats puked up on the carpet in the lounge - while i was at work all day. so by the time i got home it had time to sink in. bugger.
cleaned up and sponged etc etc, but we're left with a yellow stain which i can't seem to shift. obviously because it had time to dry and set.
bugger on my new carpet.

any suggestions? can i get it out with something.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #255594 by L Plates
Replied by L Plates on topic carpet stain
I have had success with Cavalier Bremworth carpet stain remover, available at supermarkets.

LP

Tyke Dorpers

• maggies mum
13 years 3 months ago #255595 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic carpet stain
We got some Odarid from the pet shop, that's not too bad, but works better while it's fresh! Ewww!

More
13 years 3 months ago #255596 by kate
Replied by kate on topic carpet stain

L Plates;234220 wrote: I have had success with Cavalier Bremworth carpet stain remover, available at supermarkets.

LP

When I bought our new carpets I got a complimentary package with the Cavalier Bremworth carpet stain remover in it - it's taken all sorts of stains including cat vomit. When Max had hepatic lipidosis he vomited after every meal...which was every two hours. I was well armed with old towels but the carpet suffered every few days. It also removes stains from regurgitated mouse entrails...[xx(][xx(][xx(]

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 3 months ago #255597 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic carpet stain
The carpet stain removed took the colour out of my carpet, so be careful there.
I would normally give it a good wash with 1/2 white vinegar & 1/2 water. Blot & leave to dry. Then, if you can still see the stain I use baby wipes...I find them so good & they take out most stains :-)

More
13 years 3 months ago #255606 by kathken
Replied by kathken on topic carpet stain
i might give the cavalier one a go. do you think it works on old dried stains.

there's a huge difference between cleaning up staightaway (which i've had good success with leaving no stains), to a dried stain.

i have tried a product i've had for years called Kiwi Magic which has worked very well on marks on the carpet before, but this one is not shifting yet using this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
13 years 3 months ago #255614 by devan
Replied by devan on topic carpet stain
I've used the cavaliar one on old coffee stains and it works good. Sometime you have to do it a couple of times

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

More
13 years 3 months ago #255624 by kathken
well i think i've successfully mostly got rid of one of the stains. i've been working on it this morning using the Kiwi Magic at full strength. the one that i havent worked is bery noticeable compared to the one i have. so i'm gonna start on the second one now.
then maybe do the both of them again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• maggies mum
13 years 3 months ago #255625 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic carpet stain
Prevention is always better than cure I reckon, I find that duct taping up their gobs and shoving a cork up their bums works well! ;)

More
13 years 3 months ago #255627 by kathken

maggies mum;234254 wrote: Prevention is always better than cure I reckon, I find that duct taping up their gobs and shoving a cork up their bums works well! ;)

:D :D :D LOL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds